Ally Recovery Mode Problem

Last Updated:

1. d00d669

d00d669 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone! I'm a bit off a newb when it comes to rooting. But I have a big problem with my recovery mode! First off I aquired root through instant root apk. Here's the problem, on my ALLY. I shut my phone down and then I turned it on by holding down, MENU+END+SEND. Then it boots up BUT when it shows the /!\ and the android next to it, it only stays on that screen for 1 or 2 seconds then the phone reboots itself. Its very frusturating because I can't apply anything, and can't make any backups through recovery. What am I doing wrong? Also I have flashed my recovery with clockwork mod from Rom Manager.

Advertisement
  2. ILoveMyDroid

ILoveMyDroid Well-Known Member

The ally is a boxed phone with limited user interface alter management. the recovery menu only pops up during an OTA update or when the phone becomes bricked which would render it useless.

3. briankaley

briankaley New Member

I am having the same problem but I rooted my ally courtesy of crux v and I cand install any custom roms because of the 1 to 2 second recovery screen if anyone has any ideas let me know lol cause all I want in this life is to boot a custom rom on my ally maybe I should have gotten the droid by motorola :)

4. Mitchell4500

Mitchell4500 Well-Known Member

Same. For me.. :(