Ally Screen dimming

1. Dudeitsgraham

Dudeitsgraham Member

Well, I just noticed that my screen has had the brightness going in and out.

like it will be at normal brightness, then it'll dim a little bit and go back to the normal brightness. This is all with normal use of the phone.

Is this software or a hardware issue?

Advertisement
    kool kat2 likes this.
  2. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Well-Known Member

Yooo dude! Is it graham?

Is there a shadow over the top right are of the phone. Or your hand maybe. Thats where the lightsensor is. If not, then it shouldnt be acting like that. But as to why, well i could help ya. Try reflashing the ROM if youre running a custom ROM, if not unroot and go back to BigRed and see about your warranty.
  3. Vol4One

Vol4One Well-Known Member

Go to Settings, Display, Brightness and then make sure Automatic brightness is UNchecked.
    kool kat2 likes this.
  4. inception

inception Active Member

+1
  5. Dudeitsgraham

Dudeitsgraham Member

It is, and always had been unchecked. I'm guessing it is a problem with the voltage supplied to the screen. I called verizon and they said it's a hardware problem. Time to unroot :D
  6. WhyMyAlly

WhyMyAlly Well-Known Member

Try to check and uncheck also move the brightness all the way up and maybe restart the phone. It may be stuck in auto brightness if not then I guess its f****
    kool kat2 likes this.
  7. kool kat2

kool kat2 Well-Known Member

This thread helped.i thought i had a defective xplay n was about to throw it against a wall :)
  8. Vol4One

Vol4One Well-Known Member

My first thanks...LOL. Appreciate it kool kat!
  9. kool kat2

kool kat2 Well-Known Member

Np... the damn play doesnt have that option though hahaha