Ally users who wants to help me out

Last Updated:

1. jznomoney

jznomoney Member This Topic's Starter

I am using an at&t htc aria. But I am trying to help with issues you are having with the ally port to cm6. I downloaded this rom http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/146838-rooted-lite-custom-rom-ally.html so far I have just built a new kernel with a patchset for 2.6.29.6. If someone could try it out for me and report back your findings it would be great. I need to know first if it boots and a logcat of the boot. To do a logcat just run adb logcat >pathtofile and post it to pastebin.com and reply with the link to the pastebin.

signed_083110_121024.zip

Advertisement
    SuperMerg likes this.
  2. flick159

flick159 Well-Known Member

Flashing it at the moment. I'll let you know how it goes.

E:Currupt File:
    System/app/launcher2.apk
    E:Verification failed

Installation aborted.

3. jznomoney

hmmm I didn't change that file. I'll upload the kernel and the wireless driver. You can use this utility to repack the rom from ubuntu [KITCHEN][AUGUST 29 '10] HTC Android Kitchen, v0.88 [Linux / Mac / Windows] - xda-developers

Repack the rom from here http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/146838-rooted-lite-custom-rom-ally.html

You need to use the option to extract boot files and replace the kernel in there with the one from my zip and the wireless.ko goes in the current working folder under system/lib/modules

ally kernel.zip

4. flick159

I'll give it a shot later tonight. I've already built a few roms with the kitchen, so it shouldn't be to difficult.

5. flick159

Well I repacked that boot.img with your kernel. It did boot and is running, however I'm having a hard time getting adb logcat to work. When I give it a shot, I get an Access is denied. Any ideas why?

My syntax:

adb logcat >c:\AllySDK\tools\logcat
    Access is denied

Doing this in Win Vistax64 btw.

6. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

try running the command prompt with admin privileges

7. flick159

No dice, any way I can create the logcat file on the phone and pull it while in recovery?

8. jznomoney

9. flick159

Alright, sorry for the taking so long to reply, I re flashed my other rom and had to put this one back on to get the info for you.

$ su
    su
    # cat /proc/version
    cat /proc/version
    Linux version 2.6.29.6 (jznomoney@jimmm) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT T
    ue Aug 31 11:48:19 EDT 2010
    #

Wifi does work, as does the phone and every other feature I tried. I didn't do an extensive test of it, though it seems stable.

10. lolbug

lolbug Banned

I flashed my phone successfully, but the damn fastboot thing seems to be stuck at 'processing commands'. It did this last time I tried to install a rom from ROM manager (which failed, and I now use that RA_GMN recovery image to flash).

11. jznomoney

12. flick159

About to leave for work. I'll be able to try it tonight when I get home. I'll let you know the result.

13. lolbug

lolbug Banned

Still goes into fastboot. I'm not sure what commands need to be run through fastboot, or if this is just an error, or if I repacked the ROM improperly. I try to boot the .img file you send me (after flashing the phone and hitting the fastboot mode screen) and I get a kernel panic (which I understand). I don't get why I'm getting the fastboot screen at all, though.

14. jznomoney

I don't physically have the ally I have an htc aria. I'm trying to help you guys out to port cm6 to your phone. Ask flip159 how he did it because he got the other kernel to boot just fine.

15. lolbug

lolbug Banned

Actually, drellisdee has a working froyo-ready kernel. Works great, talk to him about it.

16. SuperMerg

SuperMerg Active Member

WHAT?!?!

*cries like a little girl cause he wants a Froyo 2.2 Ally so bad...*

17. lolbug

lolbug Banned

Using pulling-it-out-of-my-a** guesswork, we might be see Froyo sometime this month.

SuperMerg likes this.
  18. flick159

Just got home from work. Gunna build that rom with your kernel and let you know how it goes.

19. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

Yeah drellisdee has a Kernel that can flash Froyo ROM and do a Froyo backup. It also has app2sd support and kernel tether, I'm testing it now, well not testing anymore its more of using it now, you guys will love it when it hits with ROM's. Enough said make sure to check ROM section daily =).

20. flick159

Booted and running. Wifi and phone both work.

# cat /proc/version
    cat /proc/version
    Linux version 2.6.29.6 (jznomoney@jimmm) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT W
    ed Sep 1 16:28:07 EDT 2010
    #

Dunno if that helps or not. It is running though.

21. lolbug

lolbug Banned

I caught it before it was pulled down. Works fine for me, although I'm just using on that ultra light ROM (which ain't all that light at all). Works absolutely fine. So does the recovery image, although I'm not entirely sure how one can know if it'll do froyo flashes until we have a froyo ROM to flash. :p

22. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

Look at backup, it has 4 backup options, the first 2 are Froyo.

23. lolbug

lolbug Banned

Right, but we don't have a froyo ROM to test it on. But I suppose that if it works for the froyo-ready kernel it'll be able to handle froyo itself just as well.

24. getitnowmarketing

getitnowmarketing Well-Known Member Developer

The kernels Ive made are .29 not .32 for froyo. Ive been unsuccessful at getting froyo to boot with .29 kernel with an aosp image I built and trying droid ports. It may not be the kernel but more likely the froyo build. Also the 1.2.1 recovery enables backup of android secure for froyo but any of mine can flash a froyo zip.

25. jznomoney

You should join us on irc freenode.org channel liberatedAria ported cm6 to the aria.