Ally wont turn on HELP!!!!

1. marsblaster

marsblaster Well-Known Member

My LG Ally wont turn on and its at a black screen. The Red light is not turning on or showing up... it is charging. It is running velocity v3...

HELP!!!!

Thanks!!!

Advertisement
  2. motorsport226

motorsport226 Well-Known Member

Did you try doing a battery pull?
    marsblaster likes this.
  3. marsblaster

For how long does it need to be pulled out for?
  4. Mitchell4500

Mitchell4500 Well-Known Member

Do you mean it wont boot or it wont power up?
  5. marsblaster

It wont power up.... thanks i got it fixed ( took battery out for 10 min)

Would it be good to unroot my phone just in case?

or should i leave it?
  6. motorsport226

Leave it and see what happens. I randomly had that happen to me once, hasn't happened again.
  7. Mitchell4500

Mitchell4500 Well-Known Member

Rooting a Phone docent automatically make it have problems.

Problems can only occur from what YOU do to IT AFTER you have rooted.
  8. PimpBiscuit21

PimpBiscuit21 Member

actually my phone did the same thing. i left the battery out for about 10 mins then it worked for about a day then did it again. i did the same thing and once again it work for another day. then it happened again and hadnt worked since no matter how long i left the battery out. i hadnt done anything out of the ordinary. i was running velocity .3. i was afraid verizon wouldnt replace my phone since it was running modified software but i guess they couldnt really find that out since the phone wouldnt power on. so i got it replaced just fine.
  9. swc2001

swc2001 Well-Known Member

I am just curious How did you get it replaced?
    Did it get replaced because you have the insurance on it and you have to pay a 50 dollar deductable? Or did you get it replaced by some other means?

I was just curious just in case it ever happens to me or my wife.
    We both have the insurance on both of our ally's or is it allies?
  10. motorsport226

Technically it would be 'Allies'.

'Ally's' is showing possession of a single Ally; such as 'My Ally's processor sucks'.
  11. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Ha ha....grammar nazi...jk lol

you sir are correct.
  12. motorsport226

Hey, he asked lol :p
  13. death2all110

Lol. Good to see some people can still take jokes ;)
  14. motorsport226

Yeah it's all good with me, I'm pretty easy going. :cool:
  15. death2all110

So am i....till people piss me off... ha ha.
  16. PimpBiscuit21

PimpBiscuit21 Member

i dont have insurance. it was a warranty replacement. i just took it to the verizon store. i just told them it didnt turn on and they tried themselves and it didnt so they just mailed a replacement to the school the next day. so i sent back my old one and they confirmed they got it. my only worry was that they would get it working and see that i wasnt running stock android and make me return the replacement. i havent heard from them yet and its been about a month.
  17. netizenmt

netizenmt Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be 'Allys' since it is a proper name of an electronic device. Just like the plural of the furry mouse is mice, but the plural of the computer mouse is mouses. :D
  18. motorsport226

I was thinking that too, but after going back and forth between the two in my head for about 10 minutes I just said screw it lol. :p
  19. swc2001

swc2001 Well-Known Member

See Grammer boy You dont know..... LOL
    JK bro. :)

I dont know how to do a second quote guys sorry so in quotation marks

"dont have insurance. it was a warranty replacement. i just took it to the verizon store. i just told them it didnt turn on and they tried themselves and it didnt so they just mailed a replacement to the school the next day. so i sent back my old one and they confirmed they got it. my only worry was that they would get it working and see that i wasnt running stock android and make me return the replacement. i havent heard from them yet and its been about a month."

How long is the warranty for the Ally?
  20. PimpBiscuit21

PimpBiscuit21 Member

umm im not sure exactly. but i would say a year. thats typically what most cell phones are right? i only had mine for about 3 and a half months when it happened