Almost got to buy the Epic early

Last Updated:

1. dr.pepper1

dr.pepper1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Radio Shack called me today and told me my preordered Epic available to purchase. I knew it wasn't supposed to sell, but I went down there anyway to see if I could get it early. They activated the phones (one for me and one for my wife), I signed the contracts, and they were assigned temporary phone numbers until our numbers are ported.

Then the Radio Shack employee tried to ring them up in the computer and it wouldn't work. They called someone and then realized that they couldn't sell it until Tuesday. So I am under contract for 2 Epics but can't have them (and can't pay for them) until Tuesday.

Sooooooo close. Oh well, at least I got to handle it for a few minutes.

Advertisement
  2. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

That sounds like torture to me. You had them in your hands, then the rug was pulled out from under you. Oh well, only 4 more days to go. Hang in there.

3. ben7337

ben7337 Well-Known Member

You were so close, you just forgot the part where you run out of the store with the phones once they are in your hands. Waiting was your key mistake haha.

4. dr.pepper1

My key mistake was taking my wife with me. She started playing with the Epic and decided to get one too. She was going to get the Moment, which is of course much cheaper. Dang woman is costing me more money.;)

5. koolhand79

koolhand79 Well-Known Member

You guys shouldve just broken down and started crying until he pulled out a calculator and added up the total and took the cash. LOL

6. ben7337

Wow, that's surprising, none of the women I know are at all techie, you'd never be able to convince them to buy such huge ass phones. The epic 4g is a giant.

7. MissJennell

MissJennell Well-Known Member

You don't know very many women then. Lol. :p

13curly and cij1916 like this.
  8. ConceptVBS

ConceptVBS Well-Known Member

^ Ouch! :)

9. ben7337

Well just not many techie women. However everyone knows that there is a disproportionate percentage of men who care about tech. Then again most of the people I know don't give a damn about tech except for a few certain people and none of them seem to care nearly as much as I do either. I've gotta go find the tech geeks around me who are hiding it haha.

10. it.

it. Well-Known Member

All the girls I know just say "Why didn't you just get the iphone?"...

11. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

Keep your pimp hand strong...

12. dr.pepper1

My wife isn't super techie, but she'll probably be on it all the time on facebook and playing games. Trust me, I was surprised that she wanted a phone that big.

13. it.

it. Well-Known Member

ahaha. My mom is even worse. She doesn't even know how to use a computer. :eek: This is her phone: [​IMG]
    I've tried to secretly throw it away but she always catches me :p She holds onto it for dear life:D One time we were even shopping for an oven and she wouldn't let us buy the nice one because she said she wouldn't know how to use it with all its "fancy buttons":confused:

14. WhipperSnapper

WhipperSnapper Member

Don't be hatin'! those old Sanyos are some of the best pure flip phones made:D and if you ever travel to aruba or an island that isnt digital, you need those old dual modes.

Sanyo 5500, 8200 best phones man.....Know your ROOTS! haha

your moms 8100 isn't too bad either...:cool::D

15. Mistiq

Mistiq Well-Known Member

I've had that phone for years, it's not the most durable but we've been through a lot together.

P.S. if she uses the internet on there, download the Opera Browser, it's much more usable than what comes with the phone.

16. JUSTQUAN2

JUSTQUAN2 Well-Known Member

Bro, i would have gave the radio shack employee a post dated check and walked out with the phones lol. That there is unbelievable torture. Very sick joke radio shack, very!

17. Kindie75

Kindie75 Well-Known Member

Well I am female and a cell phone junkie, the bigger the better! I am itching for my upgrade on Nov. 1 to get the Epic!!!!!

18. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

that's what she said :p

iwillfearnoevil likes this.
  19. wodin6

wodin6 Well-Known Member

I got my girlfriend a moment in January after much bitching about being fine with her razor on tmobile. After 2 days her tune changed to "wow, I am not dropping calls where I used to" and "i never knew I needed this!"

There is no turning back now. If I showed her the epic I'd be out $500 more.

20. mjnoles1

mjnoles1 Well-Known Member

Well, you and I wouldnt work then in a relationship. Thank goodness my girlfriend doesnt mind the small form factor :)

21. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor

Funny story - been married 28 years. Not sure what year it was - but very early on - I got my wife a pocket organizer. She was like "What will I ever do with THIS"?? She just upgraded her Pearl to a Droid 2, and I'm waiting for my EPIC 4G! Obviously, she found some use for it!!!!

22. robl45

robl45 Well-Known Member

I don't understand how family members are on two different services, unless one is getting it for free, that is just a heck of a lot more to pay.

23. DILands

My wife has 2 phones (probably should ditch on - but that's a long story). My son is on - and she has her 2 best buddies on there. I would rather be with SPRINT - she wants to stay with VZW.

24. wodin6

wodin6 Well-Known Member

Is she one of those people that are convinced that verizon is way better than sprint and worth the extra money?

25. DILands

Pretty much - but - with 5 lines - and my discount - the cost/line isn't horrible - especially with her buddies ponying up every month.

I'm happy with SPRINT. Was most concerned about coverage. Actually spoke to 1 of her friends who does extensive travel in the area - and the Sprint dead spots - were pretty much VZW's dead spots. I actually switched my line from VZW to SPRINT - and took the ETF - figured i was ahead after like 6 months - and my son - who had a seperate VZW line went on the family plan - which saved bocoups bucks!!