• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Almost One Click Root

This is the message that I get over and over again

'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Then I get a message Congrats you should be rooted, no errors. Press any key to continue.

Do you have the Android SDK properly installed in your computer? That could be an issue. Also make sure you do clean installs of everything and a reboot before you plug in the phone and run "DoRoot"

Upvote 0
Arsonman if you're still having problems then I would check to see if you extracted the files to the tools folder in sdk. I thought I did but it just did a folder of doroot into tools with the files in it. If that's how it is then open the doroot folder and drag each file into the tools folder until the doroot folder is empty. That's the problem I was having and once I did that it worked for me

Upvote 0
Ok first off, I'm an idiot. (Now that we've gotten that out of the way)

WTF am I doing wrong?

1) I've tried opening the adbdl.sh (as instructed on page & vid) in terminal & I've also tried opening dorootv3.sh (as instructed on page & vid).
Neither will open.

Never mind on this one (told you I was an idiot). I got the adbdl.sh working, voided everything except for the Android 2.2 (as instructed in vid), but didn't actually install anything or complete any runs until I find out the answer to #2.

2) once I downloaded the 2.2, I'm directed to start doroot. I followed the directions for getting that going in my terminal, but then I'm asked what packages I want to install. I'm assuming I just want SDK API 8, revision 1. Do I want all? Some?
What say, you?

3) What updating do I need to do?

My new Droid2 has been in my hands for just over 24hrs and I'm getting antsy.

My kingdom for a root!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones