• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

alpha GB 2.3 aosp

I tried out the latest GB rom and the latest gapps today, GB worked fine(except for the camera) no problems there, but my market stopped working. Has anyone else had problems with the market? I reloaded my daily rom and tried the new gapps (20110107) and had the same results. the market opens to a white screen for literally a second and then goes right back to my home screen.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Not sure what the problem is, no troubles here. Maybe wipe data and cache in manage applications and then reboot your phone. Then go into market

Upvote 0
No I believe Andy means that you go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/ hit the all tab/ then scroll down to Marker, hit that and clear cache and data from there, then go back to the market a accept terms and you should be good to go

I wiped everything when I flashed but I'll try it again

Reactions: andygu3
Upvote 0
Ive tried running it with CM6 and AOSP, full factory reset, wiped everything and still NOTHING!! that damn market will not open. I guess ill stick with gapps 20101213 until the next update comes out and we'll see what happens.

The 1/7/11 gapps are specific for the GB rom. In clockworkmod recovery, go to the partitions menu, format boot, system, data and cache, then wipe dalvik cache. Flash GB rom, then the gapps, then reboot

Upvote 0
wow really fast , wish camera was working tho, I'll play with it all day tomorrow and give report on what does doesn't work on my end

wifi seems to have issues at least at this point

all programs launcher widget seems to turn on and off by itself at random intervals

has randomly rebooted itself a couple of times as well:thinking:

I would do a complete wipe and reflash

Upvote 0
can't find recovery image.....Flash to CM6 - and retry -
This will work

ended up using Method II on the GB Wiki

Method II

Flash recovery using: RomManager

1. Download recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-heroc.img
  2. In the sdcard, go to /clockworkmod/koush.tangtgaming.com/recoveries/
  3. Rename the old image there named recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-heroc.img to recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-xxx.img
  4. Rename the recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-heroc.img to recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.1-heroc.img
  5. Go to Rom Manager and press Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and reboot your handset to recovery, you should see the orange text.
only thing not listed in these instructions is that you need to move the 3.0 img into the /clockworkmod/koush.tangtgaming.com/recoveries/ file after you renamed the old one

Upvote 0
That is obvious otherwise you would not have to rename the old one

ended up using Method II on the GB Wiki

only thing not listed in these instructions is that you need to move the 3.0 img into the /clockworkmod/koush.tangtgaming.com/recoveries/ file after you renamed the old one

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones