Last Updated:

1. tripdoc79

tripdoc79 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, just wanted to give the heads up, i am currently pulling source for a AOSP ICS rom, once everything is synced up, ill be compiling with existing proprietary files to see if i can get a bootable image. One problem, i will be needing some people to test this for me as my service with metro is currently off i wont be able to make or recieve calls text, data and whatnot. Im hoping to have this up sometime between today and tomorrow if everything works out. If your interested in helping with testing please reply to this message. Once its compiled and bootable i will PM you a download link, and my email. Any issues you have with the rom please send me an email so we can all work together on getting the bugs worked out. Once most of the bugs are worked out and it is mostly fucntional i will post a ROM thread for download and further assistance. Thanx everyone.

UPDATE: here is a flashable zip. flash at your own risk. Not much works right now.. it does boot, there is a problem with the multitouch, you have to drag the circle over where you want to click and then put a second finger on the screen. but im working on it.. i have to go through and edit some stuff for a recompile. here is a link tot he flashable zip, just flash like any other rom, GAPPS IS NOT REQUIRED.

updated rom with a little eyecandy, enjoy the new bootanimation.

If you get a black screen after flashing this, reboot into recovery and flash reppards AnyROM kernel.

i will be uploading my source for others to work on, when i have the info for that i will post it.
    thanx again everyone. lets see if we can get this thing out of alpha lol

EDIT: here are my working files for anyone who wants to try to compile this and help work out the bugs. they are all zipped up in a file of the respective folder name withing the android source. the lge.tar.gx need to go int he device folder.

when i get around to setting up my github, once i fugre that out.. lol. ill post a link to it to make things easier

2. Sergio19r

Sergio19r Active Member

I would be interested in helping you test out the RoM Let me know if you want me to help
  3. Android?What!?

Android?What!? Well-Known Member

i would also like to help test this bad boy out.
  4. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

I would like to help if possible
  5. Misleadb4

Misleadb4 Well-Known Member

Im in, send me the link.
  6. BrandonOptimus

BrandonOptimus Well-Known Member

Count me in as well :p I'll be here helping Chu all the way. With feedback and as your test monkey lol :3
  7. mikekelso421

mikekelso421 Well-Known Member

I have 2 (2.2) and 1(2.2.1) ready for testing. Thanks foe your hard work!
  8. tripdoc79

thanx guys once its ready ill be sendin ya out a link, having some issues.. maybe a day or 2 longer than i had hoped.. killed half my memory compiling earlier, between errors and then reboots and my bios losing its settings and having to swap ram to get it to boot... i lost half my ram in the process.. its shot.. so altough im still working on this it may be a couples extra days
    BrandonOptimus likes this.
  9. BrandonOptimus

Tyt. Sure we all want ICS but we all have to be patient. I am in no rush to use this. Just here to use, give feedback, and enjoy :p.
  10. tripdoc79

its gonna be a project lol.. considering at the moment there is only one phone using it lol. but im hoping to get a bootable compiled. may not fully work but if it will boot we're half way there lol
  11. mikekelso421

mikekelso421 Well-Known Member

Yea.the dev's over in the evo section on xda got a bootable ics alpha going. Barely anything works. But its a start. Wont be too long before lots of devices have a piece of ics. :) patiently waiting.
  12. twistedriku

twistedriku Well-Known Member

Hey man, I'm in too. I'll be able to test everything including 3g. And I'll mess around with it and let you know if something works better after some tweaks.
  13. BrandonOptimus

I heard the Gnex has the face camera and will unlock if it sees your face. I wonder if it could also work for the optimus' camera. Since it doesnt have a face camera. I'd like to test that mainly lol. If it doesn't work, ima go straight up and install a face camera.
  14. tripdoc79

ok well im back up and running at full speed again so fingers crossed everyone
  15. Android?What!?

Android?What!? Well-Known Member

I just woke up from a nap to see how its going, so keep up the good work and goodluck.
  16. alexandroid5

alexandroid5 Well-Known Member

i want to help too :D
  17. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

I'd love to help once it's into beta. The Optimus M is my only phone so I can't really be playing around with alpha's, but I sure would love to help beta test it.
  18. bobdamnit

bobdamnit Well-Known Member

I have three Optimus M's. One isn't really necessary. I would be happy to BETA test. Not ALPHA test. Get it running with Cell, and text, I'm in. We can happily work out thee bugs from there.

I'm no ROM developer, but I respect those that are. I sincerely hope you continue your work and keep this tired old phone (that was born this way :( ) alive.
  19. AndroidHogs

AndroidHogs Well-Known Member

I'm willing to be a tester. Nand backup will help me out just in case of boot loop. And lgnpst just in case I can't get back into recovery. :)
    I was thinking is it possible to use the ics system.img from sdk and extract it with dsixda kitchen??
  20. tripdoc79

not sure.. may be able to port that way but it would be pretty difficult i would think.. im building from source, errored out a few times, but still going.. compiling as we speak.. see if it makes it this time.. trying to get the house and the food ready for tomorrow, so prob wont be back on here till tomorrow night, Happy Turkey Day everyone and ill keep ya posted
    mikekelso421 likes this.
  21. Misleadb4

Misleadb4 Well-Known Member

We all understand, take care of your obligations first, were all in the same boat for the holidays, always a bit hectic and never enough time for everone. Keep up the good work & happy thanksgiving to you also.
    tripdoc79 likes this.
  22. BrandonOptimus

Oh yeah that's right. Thanksgiving is coming. Lol now I know why I don't have school :p
  23. AndroidHogs

AndroidHogs Well-Known Member

I just got the ics source... im compiling just to see it work lol.. And Happy Thanksgiving to all of Android Forums. :)
    tripdoc79 likes this.
  24. tripdoc79

how many times did you have to resync to get it all? lol i know it took me a whole day of syncing and resyncing repeatedly to finally get it all.. kept stalling on me at 85% and 98% and then having to go abck for rechecks lol
  25. KrazeeCracker

KrazeeCracker Well-Known Member

Wow this is amazing news lol. I'm glad someone took on this project. There's no way I would even consider trying this lol. Happy thanksgiving everyone!