• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ALPHA] ICS for Optimus M (NOW COMPILED AND BOOTING)

I have the Optimus M and am running 2.2.2. I have seen on other sites that 4.0 will be rolling out for my phone. Does anyone know when, and do you know if it will be an OTA update or something that you have to go out and look for? Any info is apprieciated. Thanks.

-Sarah

Whatever you hear I wouldn't trust it. LG promised 2.3 for our phones and we have yet to receive it. Instead great developers like bobzhome, Playful God, and reppard gave us 2.3 and cyanogenmod. So once the developers you see talking here right on this thread get the bugs worked out, they will give the forum 4.0 or cm9. And no, the devs that I listed are not the only ones. Which BTW, thank you to every developer on here for what you have contributed. I appreciate your work and am more than willing to help you out with anything that I can as compensation since im broke..

Upvote 0
ICS_SOURCE_FOR_MS690 - Pastebin.com

new error and a bunch of warnings trying to build for MS690
make: *** No rule to make target `dalvik/vm/mterp/out/InterpAsm-armv6-vfp.S', needed by `out/target/product/thunderc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libdvm_intermediates/mterp/out/InterpAsm-armv6-vfp.o'. Stop.

Try using my android_dalvik to see if that stop goes away.

Reactions: AndroidHogs
Upvote 0
Just wanted to know is it normal for it to say "no private recovery found for thunderc". It still builds I'm try it once again for MS690 build. Just wanted to know if that was normal at begging after "make". Here is my Gtalk. i will list my errors here as well but it would be easier to do chat over gtalk. regginhanger@gmail.com. i can help with what i know. so far. i am currently trying to build the source again. thanx to BobZhome for his files and help. and currently helping others start building as well. Have a Nice night everyone.

Just wondering did you have problems with the overlay>common file?

Ok after getting your dalvik this is the error that came up.
http://pastebin.com/Q0r7KyDf

So im going to try and use the original Dalvik and just add the Armv6 files to the vm>mterp>out. directory.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to know is it normal for it to say "no private recovery found for thunderc".
Yes

Just wondering did you have problems with the overlay>common file?
Yes, I had to edit out the thing that ics didn't like

Ok after getting your dalvik this is the error that came up.
New_Error_ICS - Pastebin.com
I have you idea way you got that stop

So im going to try and use the original Dalvik and just add the Armv6 files to the vm>mterp>out. directory.
Or just try compiling as Armv5;)

Upvote 0
I recently became the proud owner of an Optimus M that I can use for testing. =) I don't want to brick it or lose it; I still use it as a wireless device that does things for me. It is my little electronic minion, but it is available so hit me up if you want me to flash something. =) I have a 2.2, one of the older ones. It's running Bobz CM7.

Upvote 0
Ok ill give that a try. And I noticed on some of your files on github you added # and it was giving me errors. So I had to delete them.
Some thing is wrong there...things that are commented(#) out should not be used.
What android device are you using for your build default android device or cm7 device?
I use defaut android device, CM9 device is not working yet

Upvote 0
ok well i been. trying to figure out this error but no luck.

does anyone have the original dalvik for ICS?

So i have been reading and its something to do with the dalvik.

Ok im trying to fix the error now.. i have figured out what i have to edit and fix. :)

ok so the errors i believe i am getting is in the JNIHelp.c or the JNIhelp.h. the variable JniThrowExceptionFmt needs to be added somewhere.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones