• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alpha Test - LunchGuru, a social lunch recommendation app

farmsoft

Lurker
Apr 16, 2014
Looking for Alpha testers for my app LunchGuru. Join my testing group here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/farms-software-app-testing

Find lunch on *your* terms! Lunch Guru always has the right recommendations for places to eat!

Lunch Guru remembers where you've been and what you like. And it remembers where your friends have been and what *they* like! Don't waste your time and money on a place that got "good reviews" from strangers. Lunch Guru's decision algorithms take your personal preferences into account and keep your lunchtime fresh. Phyllis doesn't like Sushi? Lunch Guru won't recommend it if she's going to lunch with you!
Because it's in Alpha test,

• There will be bugs, including new ones introduced in higher numbered versions. I'm still adding functionality and performance enhancements, it's not just bugfixes at this point
  • There is currently very little restaurant data in the system currently
  • Your friends are not in the system
  • All this is to say don't expect a perfect recommendation out of the gate, but if you log your lunches over time, the system will get smarter.
Also please understand that even when this is in production, it gets smarter the more you use it, so any new user will see limited utility at the beginning, although people who are invited by their friends will already have a little lunch history in the system by the time they start using the app.

Thanks for your help and bon appetit!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones