1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Alpharev/unrevoked new (easier) rooting processTips

1. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

This is to let any stock bolt user know that there is a new rooting process for the thunderbolt which can be found at Revolutionary it is an easier process than the current manual root process, if you are on the fence because of the process being too difficult this may be for you. We also *think* this will allow for rooting of the GB OTA when it comes but we still can not say for sure. If you have any questions you will likely get more answers on this thread

I am just passing this info along and do encourage everyone to take full control of your phone ;)

Advertisement
    :
    turbonegro32, Thats, myers6mm and 4 others like this.
  2. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Well-Known Member

This made me think of the old geico commercial(i'm not completely sure why):
    "It's so easy a caveman could do it"

Sorry i had to
  3. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

just curious why this got moved? we have a thread in the root section,we put this one in general to get info to the "on the fence about rooting" folks that do not frequent the root forum.

i vote it gets moved back,or we could start up a new thread,if it can stay in general.

thanks! :)
  4. Yeahha

Ditto
  5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Thread (temporarily) stickied here at the request of the OP. [​IMG]
  6. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Thank you kind sir :)
  7. jennay22

jennay22 Well-Known Member

I read about this and thought it was interesting. I was planning on rooting and studying up on doing the long version, but then I read somewhere that you lose voice mail if you root?? Is this true? I never had this problem when I rooted my og droid. Thx!
  8. Yeahha

If you root and flash an AOSP Tom the visual VM app doesn't work but it does on most sense roms
    jennay22 likes this.
  9. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Well-Known Member

Voicemail works but on GB you don't always get notifications about having a newone
  10. Yeahha

I actually shell out the extra $3 a month, whenever I get a VM I also get a text from VZW so I didn't realize the whole lacking notification thing. Is it rom specific?
  11. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Yes it is. Any sense GB rom will not notify you of VM unless you reboot. Then it pops up but you'll need another reboot to clear it.
  12. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Well-Known Member

Edited:
  13. deslovedroid

deslovedroid Active Member

scotty85 likes this.
  14. Yeahha

Glad you took the plunge hope you enjoy your newly gained freedom
  15. Mastrik

Mastrik Member

Beautiful, the only thing stopping me from rooting was the possibilty of bricking that and losing my data. This is great thanks! Worked flawlessly!
  16. Yeahha

Glad you will be joining us!
  17. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

I think this would be better suited in the ATR section (as a sticky) Considering it's about rooting and all.

Frisco, Yeahha, any objections?
  18. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

We've got a thread in atr.

It could become unstickied,but I think it belongs here for the same reason as the over sticky... for the nonrooted folks that don't go to atr. Alot of em have been waiting for a simple root method.
  19. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

:shrugs: that's fine. I just thought it made more sense in there is all. Valid point, though
  20. Yeahha

Because the rooting method's thread has been updated I would think it would be okay to unsticky this. I actually think the only people that this thread matters to currently would be the three of us and maybe Frisco.
  21. JacobXDM40

JacobXDM40 New Member

I just did this last Sunday night and it work flawlessly. Can't get any easier
  22. JShann

JShann New Member

Trying to root it tonight with this method. Hate that I cant tether my laptop while driving anymore. Only problem I have been having is after I DL the drivers and the Rev. app and run it as administrator, it is searching for device for a lonnnng time. How long does this take? Thanks for your help!
  23. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Hate to ask the obvious,but did you click on the driver download and let the wizard install them?

It should see your phone pretty much immediately.
  24. CoyotesFan4Evr

CoyotesFan4Evr Well-Known Member

OK, so I'm going to take the plunge today or tonight and root my TB. Here is my one question that I have yet to get answered even when I ask it in the TB rooting thread.....How do I stay on the stock ROM when I root? I like what it is for now and will play around with other rom's later, right now I just want to root and have my freedom back. THANKS!
  25. SpikedRed

SpikedRed Active Member

If you are using the Unrevoked method, that's EXACTLY what you will be doing. Until you install another rom, you'll be running your stock rom, it will just be rooted.