Root Already on rooted 2.2 but want to flash to newest build cause of stability problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Andrewe1, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Andrewe1

Andrewe1 Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Hello,

First of all i'm quite a n00b when it comes to rooting and everything, however back in feb when i got mt ATT n1 I decided to root cause of the cool apps that wouldnt run on non-rooted phones.

I followed a step by step guide with success. Then the early 2.2 build came out and I loaded it with CM updater and it worked fine. However apps crash often and the phone seems sluggish. I want to flash to the newest release... thing is I don't know where to start.

I don't mind loosing all the apps and contacts since I have everything backed up. I just want a completely clean 2.2 flash...

Any idea of where to start? I saw the thread that talked about upgrading but since i'm already on 2.2 I dont know what to do.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. kgeissler

kgeissler Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Rowlett, TX
  3. Andrewe1

Andrewe1 Member

Jun 30, 2010
  4. kgeissler

kgeissler Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Rowlett, TX
  5. Andrewe1

Andrewe1 Member

Jun 30, 2010
  6. Andrewe1

Andrewe1 Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Ok I flashed with the new one and it worked, however... all my apps/settings are still there, I formatted the sd card before flashing hoping that I would have a clean phone but apparently I don't lol...

Are the apps stored in the phone or something?

7. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

Did you wipe everything before flashing?

8. Andrewe1

Andrewe1 Member

Jun 30, 2010
    I formatted the sd card before flashing... what else is there to wipe?

9. Andrewe1

Andrewe1 Member

Jun 30, 2010
    soo anyone? How do I wipe it clean :p I looked at my sd card and its empty, only the firmware update there...

10. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

When you're in Recovery (where you flash the ROM) one of the options is "Wipe".

Choose that, and you'll see Data/Factory reset, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache. You will want to do all three of those, then flash the ROM again, then reboot.

11. Andrewe1

Andrewe1 Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Well that work...thanks a bunch!

Btw, by doing this did I loose my root? Some apps now say "no root access" :thinking:

12. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Project Manager
    Hampshire, UK
    If you want a stable daily-use ROM, use Modaco - the latest build should be available this morning (already in the kitchen)

02/Jul r21 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - Froyo FRF91 - Android @ MoDaCo

It is rooted, so all your rooted apps will work fine.

Save to the SD card, wipe everything before flashing (in recovery). I also delete all folders from the sd card beforehand (other than photos, music, nandroids, titanium backups).

Tags: