Already "out of stock" in storesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. sckisor

sckisor New Member This Topic's Starter

I visited the local Verizon "corporate store" this evening, to make sure their Incredibles were in stock and ready to go when I get mine Friday morning. I was told "sorry, they're all gone"! WHAT!?! :( The store manager told me they only received 20 units, and had taken names and credit card numbers for the 20. She also said they had another shipment of phones due in Friday, but the Incredible is now "back-ordered", with no estimated arrival date. She checked the other "corporate store" in Ft Wayne, and they advised the same situation, only received 20 and had "pre-sold" them.
    That's VERY disappointing.

Advertisement
  2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Check your Best Buy store if they have them. I preordered mine from the one in Bloomington and they guaranteed me having one.

3. Mitch R.

Mitch R. Well-Known Member

Ordered mine today from vzw. It shipped and is scheduled for delivery Friday.

4. heyeaglefn

heyeaglefn Well-Known Member

Why didn't you pre-order in store like most people getting them in store?

5. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

my store got 30 and wasn't taking names...first come first served starting at 9 in the morning

6. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

It makes me wonder exactly how big the turn out will be tomorrow. I'll definitely have to watch coverage of the launch tomorrow from the regular tech sites. I hope it's a big showing.

7. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

I hope its not that big where people start getting turned away. You figure some of those people might just go to a cell phone store nearby and grab something else.

8. Gorilla*

Gorilla* Well-Known Member

My local best buy said they had 9 so Im gonna be there at 10am when they open to snag one.

9. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Ordered mine today will be here tomorrow

10. heyeaglefn

heyeaglefn Well-Known Member

If someone is willing to pick this up on release day, I find it hard to believe they would be willing to grab another phone instead of wait a week, especially with what else is out there...

11. 5thElement

5thElement Banned

You should have reserved one at the store. I have mine waiting for me :D Picking up at 9:30am

12. Kuga

Kuga Active Member

I bypassed online preorders because I didnt want to have to chase the delivery man down.

Anyways, I called my local corporate store and asked if they could reserve me one...but they said that they were doing first come, first serve tomorrow morning and that they are opening an hour before the scheduled opening time (8am instead of 9am).
    I then asked her how many units they have and she said 70!

Then I asked if there have been a lot of inquiries about the phone and she said yes there have been many.

much luck to those that are waiting, like me, at verizon stores tomorrow morn. haha

13. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member

I don't think there's much that's comparable to the Incredible at the moment

14. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

I asked my local store and they said they do not take pre-orders in store only online. They said they only had 20 units for the launch and that they open @ 10 am. First come first serve.

15. acture

acture Member

That is disappointing. My only advice would be to check out Best Buy. I did want to say hi from another person in Fort Wayne. Did they happen to have any of the accessories in stock? I was planning on picking up a case tomorrow.

16. jjv

jjv Member

I honestly would go to another local store around you or just show up tomorrow morning and ask to purchase an HTC DI... they technically by VZW policy they can not not sell you a product that is in stock.. and if they give problems again... just call *611 from your cell phone or 1-800-922-0204... and state to them that you are in the store to purchase a new release phone that comes out 04/29!... and what Cust Service will do they will call the store speak to the Store Manager or the District Manager....

17. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

lol you people crack me up, there are Verizon stores everywhere. If you honestly think every store is sold out, ur a nut. go to the next store and pick it up.

18. XxICEMAN720xX

XxICEMAN720xX Well-Known Member

this is exactly why Verizon did the smart thing and didn't bother with advertising

19. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

There are alternatives, not a whole ton of options but there are some. If they are going to wait a week they might as well get on google and order a nexus one, expecially if they are pissed at verizon. Or if at&t has decent coverage in their area they might opt for the iphone, however i would most would have already gotten them if they were going to get them, but you never know. Theres not much available from verizon in terms of alternatives but there are other phones available on other networks. It just depends on badly verizon ticks them off. Either way i'd rather see each and every person who wants an incredible get one, that would be ideal.

20. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

When I went to the VZ store yesterday (or the day before, my sense of time is totally wasted) to see if they had one of the red/black fade cases the gal at the counter spent as much time messing with my phone as I did when I popped it out of the box. She was flat out giddy and was calling to get her Employee Order before I left.

Usually I would not have entertained such nonsense, but if you had seen this gal you would have let her run your battery down to oblivion too (If you were a het guy or a non het gal) . Plus she was calling her co-workers over... I felt vaguely celebretized for a few moments.

She was astonished at the performance. She handed me her Android something phone I didn't recognize and was just, simply amazed.

This thing IS the best performing machine on the market RIGHT NOW. I guess Scorpion is coming soon, but at this point I don't need anything faster. I am pretty slow as it stands but I am faster than my Imagio... I LOVE that phone. but I wish it had the speed and power of the Incredible.