Already rooted Epic 4G, Cant Boot into clockwork

Last Updated:

1. DGramm16

DGramm16 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have an Epic 4g that I just rooted so now I am trying to go to SyndicateRom from the stock rom. I used the one-click-root that includes clockworkmod but when I try to boot into recovery from ROM manager it goes to the regular Manual Boot screen and I get the "signature verification failed".

I also tried installing clockworkmod with ROM manager to see if that fixed it but still I cannot boot into clockworkmod. If anyone could tell me maybe I messed a step up or skipped something?

Sorry if this is a repeat but I've been looking to fix this problem for four days straight and couldnt find anything to help my situation.:(

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Boot into it manually. The ROM Manager won't boot into it from what I've read.

Power off the phone.
    Press and HOLD the volume lower button, camera button AND the power button.
    Continue to HOLD the buttons until clockwork recovery opens (green text).

DGramm16 likes this.
  3. DGramm16

Ok that definitely worked, I got to the Clockwork screen but when I choose any option the screen goes black, the soft keys on the bottom stay lit and it doesn't do anything. Just goes back and forth between clockwork screen and blank screen.

4. DGramm16

Nevermind I realize I need to press the camera button to choose an option. I apologize =[

Thank you very much by the way!

5. nekoaitsu

nekoaitsu Member

I am having this issue, but holding the buttons to manually boot into clockwork is not working. I am booting into stock recovery with blue text and no update.zip files are working. Can anybody help?

6. nekoaitsu

nekoaitsu Member

I'm thinking that my Clockwork is not working with my ROM.
    ROM: VIPERrom[IMPact] DK05
    Kernel 2.6.32.9
    Firmware 2.2.1

Rom Manager 2.5.0.7

I've been trying to change my ROM for a while, because many applications don't work, but more importantly I have no working GPS with my current one.

7. SeabassNJ

SeabassNJ New Member

Im having the same problem. I've held the down volume, camera and power buttons. I get into the blue letter screen... But it won't let me select any options with the camera button. I have to hit the home button. This whole process brings me to the same screen and error messages as when I try to back up from ROM manager.

(yes Im a noob at android)

8. nekoaitsu

nekoaitsu Member

Actually, this has reached a new level of urgency. I tried calling 911 to report a problem on the road tonight and my phone will not connect; in fact, it restarts my wireless signal.
    I really would appreciate some help installing a new ROM asap.

9. SeabassNJ

SeabassNJ New Member

10. nekoaitsu

nekoaitsu Member

Thank you SeabassNJ, the terminal install worked perfectly. I can now boot into clockwork and flash another ROM. :D

11. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

Blue text = stock recovery
    Green text = clockworkmod

12. eflood1133

eflood1133 New Member

I apologize for not answering your question but I could realy use some help. I was attempting to root my Epic for ACS recovery using Odin. Odin initially picked up on my device but when I hit start it failed. Then I tried a different port, cable, and took out the sd and now my phone wont start and it has a graphic showing a phone connected to the computer with a yellow sign in the middle. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.