Already rooted-need to remove apps

Last Updated:

1. woowoowooty

woowoowooty New Member This Topic's Starter

My Hero is rooted but I need to know the EASIEST way to remove the apps that were on the phone when I purchased it. I have read several posts that look difficult, so I need to know the easiest way to do it. Any help will be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

The easiest way I know is to use Titanium Backup (it's in the Market if you don't already have it). Bring up the list of apps, select the app you want gone and press 'un-install'. It might be prudent to make a nand of your phone before you do that, in case you remove something that you find out later is needed by the phone.

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Easiest? Use a file manager to delete the relevant .APK. :)

4. nedamdam

nedamdam Well-Known Member

Both ways are nice. With titanium backup or root explorer :p . But I like the freezing option of the titanium backup manager <<<< you can easily revert. But it wont free up any space on the system partition. (Or root explorer moving the app to the SD for example and then putting it back if you need it)

If you remove something important there might not be a way back. So nandroid backup always :)

Depends on where are you headed with removing apps. (if its just ram so you dont want them to start, OR the space on the system partition too)

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I vote titanium backup as well :)

Does using root explorer let you delete /system/ apps too? I think I tried it in the past with Astro, couldn't get it to work, and ended up having to adb rm them.

6. nedamdam

Thats the beauty of root explorer :) . I will ask for root rights and mount the system in R/W :) . Astro cant work in that area :D .

Its how I unistalled - erased and pushed apps back :p . No need to use the adb push if you have root explorer !

7. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I thought that might be the case.

Oh well, adbing gets me more geek cred :p

8. nedamdam

I dont know how to use the adb :p . Not a geek that much :p But I like the clean way of the root explorer, was worth the money :) .

I actually bought it to put back apps I unistalled (in some of my early threads) to be able to get the OTA update. And few days after custom rom :p