Already rooted, now what?

Last Updated:

1. asb2106

asb2106 Member This Topic's Starter

So Ive rooted most of my android devices, droid 1 got rooted with custom roms, droid x was rooted but never messed with roms, recently made the switch the sprint, So the EVO is rooted, but nothing changed, I like HTCs software :)

So now to the Galaxy Tab..

Im not a fan of samsungs rom. I've tried out an Epic, and turned it down just because of the software . So Im looking for custom roms for the device :)

Using z4root I was able to root it, but thats the extent of what I have done so far. Im not to familiar with loading roms, I pushed my way through it on my first droid, but i didnt really take much from the experience. it was all one direction after the next, and I only did it to put froyo on it.

Can anyone recommend any other roms for the device?

Also is their anything else I should be doing to the device now that its rooted?

Advertisement
  2. asb2106

is there no custom roms?

Im not having luck finding anything. :(

3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Check out this page

Galaxy Tab Android Development - xda-developers

But there's no custom rom as far as I can tell. Considering the fact that it took almost half a year for the custom rom of Galaxy S I9000 to fully take off, this might take a while.

asb2106 likes this.
  4. asb2106

Thanks Snapper :)

5. asb2106

Thanks again for that link Snapper, after looking it over I see there is nothing in terms of a custom rom, however I did find some neat tricks to get more from my device, so I really appreciate that link.

6. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

You should join XDA if you are really into custom roms. AF does have some users with the technical know-how, but when it comes down to coding level support, you are better off at getting help at XDA. (Not that they are all that glad to help new users though.)

7. asb2106

Since your post I have been over at XDA playing with custom ROMs for the EVO. So many possibilities and options :) Im really looking forward to this with the Tab!