• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alright AT&T, you're on the clock...

Man...

The Inspire is perfect, but then you look at the specs of the Atrix and you can't help but think: Holy crap. My only reserve is motoblur... God I hate motoblur. If that phone was running sense, I'd just about soil my pants.

Same but it looks like I will become aquatinted with Launcher Pro for it as the specs just can't be beat.

All of this Android excitement makes me crave one so much more. I guess that means I will have to play around with my iPhone 3G running 2.2 some more to see if I can get other features working on it.

Upvote 0
I feel almost the exact same way. The Desire HD was my dream phone two weeks ago but after seeing the hardware Motorola packed into this beast, I can't help but debate.

MOTOBLUR isn't my problem (LauncherPro Plus or ADW EX can easily take care of that. Besides the newer version of MOTOBLUR actually has some features similar to the newer version of Sense) but the locked bootloader is. If I am buying an AT&T phone, I'd hope to be able to install a ROM which allows tethering and sideloading apps (ADB is nice but I got everything saved onto Titanium Backup).

Upvote 0
Yes phones, game systems, even car technologies home computing tech. Fios. Etc etc I'm a front line warrior

I find that hard to believe.. sorry man :/

I've built my own comp.. My bro has built his.

We are big tech buffs.. beyond belief..

We would LOVE to be the first kids on the block with dual core phones.

That doesn't mean we aren't aware there is room to back fire horribly into a nightmarish experience.

You seem almost removed from the fact that it could happen :/

And unlike the xbox 360 and RROD with a PITA return process your stuck with that phone for 2 years. Unlike FIOS no commitment your stuck with your phone.

And you seem wayyy to optimistic for a "Front line warrior"

I am not saying I would not jump on this phone right now.. and I am not saying that I am not for early adopts (someone has to pay the price..).

But, you seem almost removed from the fact there could be a hefty price and I don't mean in terms of cash.

Upvote 0
I find that hard to believe.. sorry man :/

I've built my own comp.. My bro has built his.

We are big tech buffs.. beyond belief..

We would LOVE to be the first kids on the block with dual core phones.

That doesn't mean we aren't aware there is room to back fire horribly into a nightmarish experience.

You seem almost removed from the fact that it could happen :/

And unlike the xbox 360 and RROD with a PITA return process your stuck with that phone for 2 years. Unlike FIOS no commitment your stuck with your phone.

And you seem wayyy to optimistic for a "Front line warrior"

I am not saying I would not jump on this phone right now.. and I am not saying that I am not for early adopts (someone has to pay the price..).

But, you seem almost removed from the fact there could be a hefty price and I don't mean in terms of cash.

Bro to me its just a phone or just a piece of kit so I do whatever my life isn't based off what might happen to my phone. I had an iPhone 4 didn't want it anymore it was only a few months old I sold it for 405 bought a nexus S now when one if these three comes out I will do the same with my nexus. If you find it hard to believe that's fine but that's me I was the first to have the ipad it's gone now I sold it. I will prob get the xoom. We will see. I'm probably gonna sell my car next year and get an electric car. Why not because I need it but because I want the experience. You only go around one time in this life

Upvote 0
Bro to me its just a phone or just a piece of kit so I do whatever my life isn't based off what might happen to my phone. I had an iPhone 4 didn't want it anymore it was only a few months old I sold it for 405 bought a nexus S now when one if these three comes out I will do the same with my nexus. If you find it hard to believe that's fine but that's me I was the first to have the ipad it's gone now I sold it. I will prob get the xoom. We will see. I'm probably gonna sell my car next year and get an electric car. Why not because I need it but because I want the experience. You only go around one time in this life

Believe me.. I am not against early adoption..

However, you are also contradicting yourself.

If your phone is just a phone.. you really wouldn't be worried about getting the dual core.

However, something that you need to keep in mind.. is not all of us take the decision so lightly.

I do agree you live once you may as well live life.

But, I'm also (believe it or not) a frugal person.

I don't mind spending a lot of money on a phone.

However, when I make these decisions.. I do so with money in mind.

Enjoying yourself is one thing.. but, not everyone out there can gamble like you seem to have the luxury of doing.

We have disagreed quite a bit.

While I do understand your position now.. I think that if you would have stated some of that quite a bit ago it may have avoided a lot of problems.

You should also keep in mind that if others are reading this and basing their decision to buy or not off of it, they deserve to know that if the phone craps out in a year you don't care and will be satisifed with your results.

I am not trying to bash you in anyway.. but, if your going to gamble and hope for the best.. You can at least admit from the beginning your doing that and not writing it off that nothing will happen :/

Upvote 0
Believe me.. I am not against early adoption..

However, you are also contradicting yourself.

If your phone is just a phone.. you really wouldn't be worried about getting the dual core.

However, something that you need to keep in mind.. is not all of us take the decision so lightly.

I do agree you live once you may as well live life.

But, I'm also (believe it or not) a frugal person.

I don't mind spending a lot of money on a phone.

However, when I make these decisions.. I do so with money in mind.

Enjoying yourself is one thing.. but, not everyone out there can gamble like you seem to have the luxury of doing.

We have disagreed quite a bit.

While I do understand your position now.. I think that if you would have stated some of that quite a bit ago it may have avoided a lot of problems.

You should also keep in mind that if others are reading this and basing their decision to buy or not off of it, they deserve to know that if the phone craps out in a year you don't care and will be satisifed with your results.

I am not trying to bash you in anyway.. but, if your going to gamble and hope for the best.. You can at least admit from the beginning your doing that and not writing it off that nothing will happen :/

Well I didn't see our conversation as an arguement I saw it as a discussion. I also see your point and I just don't think its as serious as a risk as your making it. So we seem to be almost polar opposites lol also I factor in the money. I'm not spending a cent on these phones. I sold my iPhone 4 and purchased the captivate outright with the 405 I got. Then traded my captivate for the Nexus S and will trade my Nexus S for whichever of these comes out first and so in and so forth lol

Upvote 0
Well I didn't see our conversation as an arguement I saw it as a discussion. I also see your point and I just don't think its as serious as a risk as your making it. So we seem to be almost polar opposites lol also I factor in the money. I'm not spending a cent on these phones. I sold my iPhone 4 and purchased the captivate outright with the 405 I got. Then traded my captivate for the Nexus S and will trade my Nexus S for whichever of these comes out first and so in and so forth lol

While that makes sense.. its not exactly an option everyone chooses to follow through.

At any rate... I am wondering when availability will be a reality.

Upvote 0
While that makes sense.. its not exactly an option everyone chooses to follow through.

At any rate... I am wondering when availability will be a reality.

AT&T said Q1 2011 and the 2010 Q4 fiscal quarter ends January 27th so I would expect some announcement regarding availability for these phones possibly during the earnings report or sooner with availability coming in February.

Upvote 0
I forgot.. the q's work a bit differently in the business world.. damn it to hell..

Although if we wanted to get technical... it means at&t and samsung could still come through with promises of 2.2 before the end of the "year"

Yep. It should be easy as they are already rolling it out for other Galaxy S phones but I am not holding my breathe for a release.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones