ALRIGHT... I have another "I use to think" thread

1. Plaigh

Plaigh Well-Known Member

I see phones named XXX note... & the first thing I think is it's a notebook, netbook, notepad or whatever. I know this can't be right because who would hold something that huge up to their heads to talk to someone. Sooooo, before I feel dumber than what I already do - can someone tell me why they call them 'note's

Get your laughs in while the gettins good... just remember, I just MIGHT be smarter than you some day (I aint holding my breath though)

(why do I do this to myself?)

Advertisement
  2. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

You had me at XXX :p
    argedion likes this.
  3. Plaigh

Plaigh Well-Known Member

LMAO - Good eye...
    treb1797 likes this.
  4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

They're called "XXX" Note because they are supposed to represent something like a hybrid Phone and Tablet....Samsung named them Note, specifically sampling the Samsung Galaxy Note, just because they were large 5.5" screen and still performed all the functions that a regular smart phone did...

Hope this helps clarify.
    Plaigh and treb1797 like this.
  5. Plaigh

Plaigh Well-Known Member

Yes it does... Thanks so much! The biggest "phone" I seen was a Samsung (can't recall the name) it was HUGE, I held it up to my head & it was like hiding behind an oak tree.
    argedion likes this.
  6. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Yeah phones seem to be getting bigger and bigger, who knows why, considering they keep getting thinner too, so basically they're just extremely easy to break :(
  7. Plaigh

Plaigh Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly (well, not till you said it anyway)

I thought that initially cell phones were intended to be compact wireless cellular telecommunication devices. Not the size of 8th grade science books and as thin as rice paper. But what do we know. If they get any bigger we mid-as-well go back to the old school

[​IMG]
  8. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

So that's what Zack Morris looks like these days. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[​IMG]
  9. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

i saw a remote today that was the size of a notepad. it is touch screen and everything. I may just have to buy it :D
  10. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

I've seen Phablet.
    argedion likes this.