Alternate headset that works?Tips

Last Updated:

1. txenakis

txenakis New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,

i recently got the SGS and I'm loving it, except the supplied headset which is not very good IMO. So i'm looking for an alternate headset with microphone to replace but for some weird reason all the ones I've tried work perfectly for media playback but not for phonecalls, voice just doesn't get routed to the headset unless it's the supplied one.

Has anyone found a third-party headset that works?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. farook

farook Member

I'm having the same problem. I couldn't understand why it wouldn't put voice calls through my own earphones (obviously without microphone). So I bought a Griffin Smarttalk adapter hoping this would sort it and I still have no luck. Even though this adds the three contacts to the headphone jack, still no calls will come through my earphones. Very frustrating.

3. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

4. farook

farook Member

Thanks for your suggestion karnka. I'm actually looking to use my own wired earphones for sound quality, price and practical reasons. I also connect my phone to my car stereo using an aux input cable and used to have phone calls coming through the car speakers on my last phone. I think this must be a software issue as the phone can obviously play music through the 3.5mm jack so it can't be too difficult to route phone audio through. ...but that would be too logical now wouldn't it lol.

5. deeoh1084

deeoh1084 Well-Known Member

whoa this is strange i thought this phone was 3.5 mm "Universal" jack...... i hope the "Vibrant" is not going to be like this

6. furstrated

furstrated Member

the galaxy s has a 4pole trrs wired in left/right/mic/ground
    so your favorite headphones plugged into a nokia remote with mic like the ad57 will work.
    it would be a little long tho.
    iphone compatible headsets wont work cos they are wire in trrs left/right/ground/mic
    i havent tried those nokia controllers that has forward reverse and volume buttons.
    im using my old ad57 that came with my 5310 expressmusic. i plugged my triplefi10 into the remote and it works.