Alternating Orange/Green Blinking LEDSupport

Last Updated:

1. Brian Rubin

Brian Rubin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey y'all, how are ya? On my end, I'm HOT AS HELL. Today has become official the hottest day in Los Angeles on record, breaking 112 degrees in downtown LA.

I had an errand to run on my lunch break, so I ventured out into the heat and, while in line at the drive thru to get lunch before heading back, I noticed the LED on my EVO slowly blinking orange, then yellow. I looked, and the phone was no longer charging, even though it was plugged in.

Looking at SystemPanel, my battery was at 118.5 degrees, and it felt a bit hot, but not too much so.

Upon returning to my office, the phone is now plugged in and the LED is a solid orange.

Was the alternating blinking LED telling me my phone was overheated? If so, have I damaged my phone? It seems to run fine, thankfully.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

It's happened to me a couple times (on the hotter days during the summer in L.A.). When the surrounding temp of the phone is above a certain point, it has a safety cutoff that prevents the phone from overheating.

You should be fine.

3. Brian Rubin

Brian Rubin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Cool (I wish), that's a relief. Thanks you kindly!

4. Traceamount

Traceamount Well-Known Member

I take my phone into attics with me 3-4 times a week while working. Im usually up there for 2-6 hours at a time. Very often it reaches over 125-130 degrees and havent had any problems yet. One time at the end of the day, I was taking my "after" pics when I was all done and cleaned up, and it reset on me for no reason. Came right back on though and all has been well. I have never seen the light alternate, personally.

5. drexappeal

It only comes on when you're plugged in. So are you saying you go into attics with the phone plugged into a charger?

6. Traceamount

Traceamount Well-Known Member

No? I never said I plugged it in while in the attic. I do however bring it from the attic straight to my truck and plug it in when I leave. Its gone through some pretty serious heat and havent had any technical/hardware issues as of yet.

7. drexappeal

I know, but the main point is that the warning lights come up due to heat exposure and from what I read in the manual, it's likely a warning for exposure to direct sunlight in a vehicle WHILE the phone is plugged into a charger. That's the only reason I asked about the attic comment.