Alternative Home Apps

Last Updated:

1. robinta

robinta Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I`ve recently downloaded Launcher Pro Plus for my Desire & like the function & layout. When installing the Launcher screens I read advice to save the Sense screens as a blank slate (which I did).

The thing I am querying is, If I revert (even temporarily) to the Sense launcher, the Launcher Pro screens & widgets will still be held somewhere. Will this cause any issues with the phone, memory usage etc. or will Android manage the launcher as with any other background task ?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I'd suggest taking widgets off the launcherpro homescreen that update / sync as this is what can use power up.

3. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

The reason why you should clear all the widgets off the Sense homescreen before starting LauncherPro is because some of the widgets on Sense can still be active. I would think the same applies when switching from LP back to Sense.

If you want to use Sense again for a while, you can backup your LauncherPro homescreens and settings (Menu > Preferences > Backup), then clear the widgets before starting Sense. When you want to use LP again, start LP and do Menu > Preferences > Restore backup.

I've done this a couple of times, and the only thing I need to reset manually is the wallpaper.