Alternative homescreens/launchers

Last Updated:

1. lob

lob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yo,
    I thought I'd start a thread discussing the different launchers people use on their Desire's.

I personally think that HTC Sense's 'leap' view and HTC widgets are irreplaceable. However, if I ever feel like a change, I'd most likely give ADW a go.

What launcher do you use on your Desire?
    :D

Advertisement
  2. w0bbl3r

w0bbl3r Well-Known Member

Im super tempted to try another one, but the thing i miss about alt apps etc is the integration.

I really like the fact i can see email and text conversations straight from the persons entry in the contact list, but if i use K9 for example for mail, i lose these convo's as it only looks at the stock mail app.

Having not tried another launcher, my worry would be nice little links like this would be lost.

They do look mighty purdy tho!

3. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

You only lose the widgets, the actual programs such as the contacts and google mail app still have all the same features. The launcher is purely cosmetic apart from that.

I have been using ADW for weeks, I tired a few of the other ones but I like the look/features of this one.

4. jason-567

jason-567 Well-Known Member

yeh i think that ADW is best

5. Nagrom

Nagrom Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a Launcher where you CAN use the Stock HTC Widgets? Been using LauncherPro for weeks, and been very happy apart from not being able to use the Stock Widgets. As a result, I've gone back to Sense.

I'm thinking of the full screen Bookmarks widget, and the Photo Album one. To me, these two are irreplaceable.

6. OhBe1

OhBe1 Well-Known Member

Visual Bookmarks is a free app that can replace/replicate the HTC Bookmarks widget. I'm still looking for a good Photo Album widget, though I just downloaded Photo Gallery Widget to give it a try.

7. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

LauncherPro, it's been great so far, so quick and no lag at all.

8. Selespeed

Selespeed Well-Known Member

Been using LauncherPro for around 2 weeks and like gibbs says above quick and no lag.

9. Ettventer

Ettventer Active Member

There is only ONE launcher that matters - LauncherPro. Been using this for a while, and I bought LauncherPro Plus as well. Definitely the best launcher, no doubt. The latest update allows you to remove apps from the app drawer!