1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

alternative last fm client?

Last Updated:

1. markp1989

markp1989 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 9, 2010
    i have been using the official lastfm client, and it has a few things that bug me, the main one being that if I'm listing to music, and my mobile rings, lastfm stays in front of the answer button so i cant receive calls.

I also tried "alastfm-player" and the buffer keeps running out, so the music skips, and today it done a thing where it played like 3 sec of 1 song, then played 3 sec of the next etc , for about 10 songs till i stopped it if i could just change a setting in alastfm-player to increase the buffer i would use that as i prefer it to the official client.

any one know any other last fm players?

i just use it for the "recommended" stream

thanks for reading, mark

2. zcacogp

zcacogp Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2010

Will watch this thread with interest.

3. Hevroth

Hevroth Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Unfortunately I'm stuck using the official client as well. One pretty significant bug that I've found though (and unfortunately has not been fixed after repeated emails to the dev) is that if you're scrobbling music that's on your sdcard, and pause it, then unpause it, the Last.fm client thinks that it's a brand new play and scrobbles it again. Meaning that if you need to pause your music every now and then, or receive phone calls, you end up with repeated double and sometimes triple scrobbles on your Last.fm profile.