• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alternative people widget/app

Haste75

Jul 1, 2010
So im giving launcher pro a try, and the only thing that's missing is the people widget as found on sense.

Does anyone know of a good alternative that does much of the same thing?

I know the paid version of Launcher has something similar, but i dont want to buy it until i've tried it for a couple weeks.

:) Doesnt really answer my question though....it's not worth buying LP at all until i know im gonna stick with it over sense. Need a people widget though.

No it doesn't answer your question until you buy it, which you will cause the rest is all crap and the extra stuff you get for the $2.99 or whatever is well worth it.

Upvote 0
No it doesn't answer your question until you buy it, which you will cause the rest is all crap and the extra stuff you get for the $2.99 or whatever is well worth it.

I get ya, and fair point.

Of topic,

What rom are you using to get that quadrant score by the way...pretty impressive. How's battery life on it? Currently running Neo's rom and getting 16 hours-ish

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Really appreciate the help and time you put in.

I'd found the last one already, but the reviews were a bit iffy. First one didnt work on launcher pro, so im gonna roll with the second and see how it goes.

Glad I could help. I can definitely say, though, you won't regret paying for Launcherpro if you choose to do so. I think it's well worth the money.

Upvote 0
Launcherpro uses an unlock key outside of the android market. The developer is cool, though. If you decide you don't want it, he'll still give you a refund.

I dont blame him. Its FAR to easy to buy an app, back it up, refund and uninstall and then re-install from the backup.

I know google is all about openness, but it certainly has its downsides -- at least from a development perspective.

Upvote 0
the launcher pro one is very good, well worth the money and you also get access to the launcher pro facebook, twitter, mail widgets etc which are also very good. plus landscape home screens when you turn the handset and the ability to resize any widget!

otherwise, folder organiser lets you create a label (folder) for your contacts that you can place on the home screen as an icon or as a widget.

Upvote 0
I get ya, and fair point.

Of topic,

What rom are you using to get that quadrant score by the way...pretty impressive. How's battery life on it? Currently running Neo's rom and getting 16 hours-ish

Defrost 3.2 With an oveclocked 1305Mhz Kernel. The subsequent releases are not quite as fast. Last I tried couldn't get over 1680. Installing more apps slows it down, but I can still get over 1750 regularly on 3.2 with 75 apps.

Its undervolted so at 13205Mhz, it still uses the same power as stock HTC Kernel at 998Mhz. I unplug it at 08:00, get through the day and plug it in to charge at about 22:30 and have a fair bit of battery left.

I'm at 47% now, 21:40 but I topped it up a bit today as I used it more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones