Alternative people widget/app

Last Updated:

1. Haste75

Haste75 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So im giving launcher pro a try, and the only thing that's missing is the people widget as found on sense.

Does anyone know of a good alternative that does much of the same thing?

I know the paid version of Launcher has something similar, but i dont want to buy it until i've tried it for a couple weeks.

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Yeah I must admit, I didn't like the LP version at first, but I love it now.

3. Haste75

:) Doesnt really answer my question though....it's not worth buying LP at all until i know im gonna stick with it over sense. Need a people widget though.

4. SUroot

No it doesn't answer your question until you buy it, which you will cause the rest is all crap and the extra stuff you get for the $2.99 or whatever is well worth it.

5. Haste75

I get ya, and fair point.

Of topic,

What rom are you using to get that quadrant score by the way...pretty impressive. How's battery life on it? Currently running Neo's rom and getting 16 hours-ish

6. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

7. Haste75

8. akazabam

Glad I could help. I can definitely say, though, you won't regret paying for Launcherpro if you choose to do so. I think it's well worth the money.

9. glenmcfar

glenmcfar Guest

Why not buy it, try it, then uninstall within 24 hours if you've decided you don't want the paid version? You can do this with ANY paid app from the Market.

10. DrSuave

DrSuave Member

agreed :)

11. akazabam

Launcherpro uses an unlock key outside of the android market. The developer is cool, though. If you decide you don't want it, he'll still give you a refund.

12. Haste75

I dont blame him. Its FAR to easy to buy an app, back it up, refund and uninstall and then re-install from the backup.

I know google is all about openness, but it certainly has its downsides -- at least from a development perspective.

13. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

the launcher pro one is very good, well worth the money and you also get access to the launcher pro facebook, twitter, mail widgets etc which are also very good. plus landscape home screens when you turn the handset and the ability to resize any widget!

otherwise, folder organiser lets you create a label (folder) for your contacts that you can place on the home screen as an icon or as a widget.

14. SUroot

Defrost 3.2 With an oveclocked 1305Mhz Kernel. The subsequent releases are not quite as fast. Last I tried couldn't get over 1680. Installing more apps slows it down, but I can still get over 1750 regularly on 3.2 with 75 apps.

Its undervolted so at 13205Mhz, it still uses the same power as stock HTC Kernel at 998Mhz. I unplug it at 08:00, get through the day and plug it in to charge at about 22:30 and have a fair bit of battery left.

I'm at 47% now, 21:40 but I topped it up a bit today as I used it more.