Alternative to itunes & HTC sync for wildfire

Last Updated:

1. badgersore

badgersore New Member This Topic's Starter

I am not happy with the sync thingy or it's attempt to use itunes. I wanted to get away from itunes/ Apple altogether.

I have had a go at media monkey but it is a long way off filling my needs.

But I have found Sony's Media Go.
    Media Go: Download - Sony Media Software and Services Inc.

It is not perfect by a long shot but at least my Wildfire can use the playlists it creates and does a nice job on getting my podcasts in some kind of order.

The thing I miss most from my itunes/iphone setup is play count and ability to manage the correct placement of folders on the wildfire.

Please can we have a discussion on your setup on this matter and what you peeps use for your media management.

Thanks in advance.:rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. badgersore

badgersore New Member This Topic's Starter

If there are peeps who need to know how to use Sony's Media go or mediamonkey here is what you need to do.

1/ Put your wildfire in USB debugging mode.
    2/ Then set the phone as "Disk drive" ....(not HTC sync).

3. fjdouse

fjdouse Active Member

Have you tried Doubletwist, some folks like it.

4. dnixon

dnixon Member

I have started to use Audiogalaxy.

You set up play lists like normal on itunes. Download the Audiogalaxy app on your phone and log onto their website and sign in. This is completely free and it scans your computer first time on, finds all your songs etc and once this is done, it will stream your songs to your phone providing the laptop is switched on.

Once it has made the initial link, the laptop/computer just has to be switched on, not logged into audiogalaxy. There are no installs on your computer or anything and providing you have good coverage you will have all your songs and playlists to hand. Mine streams a 3000 song playlist while I go for a run with about 5 seconds of buffering between songs and it never breaks up etc. I like it but probably not everyones cup of tea.

5. xynok

xynok Active Member

Use doubletwist, its a clone of itunes syncs all itunes playlist to device over wifi without cables and the music player on the phone is very good.