• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alternative to Switchpro for Flyer

kentpavelka

Jun 27, 2010
Switchpro indicates it is not compatable with the Flyer. Other than I don't understand why that would be, the most important thing is I am looking for something that is similiar. Want to put app/widget(s) on Flyer home screens to directly control: screen always on/off and all the other things Switchpro allows me do do from my home screens on my EVO. Ideas? Suggestions?

Not really what I'm looking for. I don't need something to control brightness. As the Switch Pro function called it: "Screen Will Never Be Turned Off". It's an on/off switch for the screen...without regard to the brightness level you select.

I understand that I can make the never turn off selection under Settings-Brightness. If I do that, I have to push the button on top of the device to turn it off. Way easier to do that via an on-screen widget.

I also have Screebl Pro...and that doesn't serve me for what I want either.

If anybody out there has used Switch Pro, you know what I'm talking about.

So, I still need some help. Thanks in advance.

k.p.

Upvote 0
Found one and it's perfect! Power Widget by BK Mobility.

That's the exact power widget I use. One of the best features I like is that you can change the colors of the widget so I always have it matching my wallpaper. Great widget- use it on my HTC flyer and my HTC thunderbolt! You can also customize it so many other ways like choosing what you want to be controlled in your power widget.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones