• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Alternative to Titanium?

Sep 28, 2014
I'm wanting to try out different things like Xpose and Xprivacy, but I'm scared to do anything without backing up first in case I screw up my RAZR. I want insurance lime the NAND file on the Wii. Problem is, I can't afford Titanium at the moment, is there a free alternative? I'm notching to try out all these new possibilities and get rid of bloat and uninstall those damn apps that Motorola stuck me with like Facebook, Netflix, and NFL 2012.

Ah, okay, thanks. I used Titanium to back up the apps, then just a regular old app to back up my texts. I should probably do the same with my address book. One thing I don't understand is why Titanium, from my understanding, saved the backups to internal storage. That seems lime a terrible idea in case of failure.

Also, I still can't figure out how to make a nandroid backup. Do I use Bootstrap? I deleted a bit of bloatware (no problems so far, went by a list of what was okay) but I still wish I would have waited. My phone seems to be going faster now.

Also, is there a free app to freeze programs such as Facebook? Freezing is one of the features you need pro for, and Facebook scares the hell out of me. It's especially scary that they force you to keep the app. I read it's a bad idea to remove it and just to freeze instead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones