always awake

Last Updated:

1. togish1

togish1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

i tried everything on this forum...up until last week my hero was fine and went to sleep since day 1...now its 100% awake no matter what i try...on spare parts it says 100% running time....i dont get it

Advertisement
  2. nedar

nedar Member

Did you recently download any new apps? If you did that app might be the culprit. Some buggy apps will prevent the phone from sleeping. I downloaded slacker radio recently and did the same thing, so I uninstalled it and everything went back to normal.

3. 08crewmax

08crewmax Member

Yeah, after reading the post I decided to check mine since it's been awhile, mine is at a 100% wake time.... WTH?

Ok, just un-installed the last few apps I down loaded and It's already starting to come down.

4. togish1

togish1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

yea i uninstalled anything i recently downloaded...but no luck...i guess ill just wait till 2.1 for the wipe...

5. Fubie

Fubie Well-Known Member

Same problem here. I stopped checking for awake time months ago since I wasn't having the problem like others were.

I decided to take a look at the awake time last week and BAM 100%. I've uninstalled many apps but the awake time has not changed.

At this time uninstalling every app I have isn't really a viable option. WTF is up with HTC and Sense. Unless I'm completely off I don't hear other Android phone users complaining about 100% awake problems as much as Hero users...

6. Hemlox

Hemlox Well-Known Member

Its a problem with the text messaging program. When 2.1 is released it is supposed to take care of it. It keeps the phone from sleeping, the only fix is to do a hard reset and then use a different messaging program.

7. toasty

toasty Well-Known Member

add me to the list of 100%ers. It's killing my battery. Per Spare Parts, the only thing running non-stop is Sense, tho...

8. flairmedk

flairmedk Well-Known Member

Try this...this is a post in one of the threads. It worked for me on two hero's

This worked for me even after the update I was staying at 100% awake time. After I reprovisioned the phone it sleeps well (stays in the single to low double digits depending on use). here's a link to another thread on this site.

My 100% awake issue fixed

Goto post #4 and start at the line that says "Press the green phone key..." YOU WILL need the MSL (Master Subsidy Lock code) "Six digit number". If you do not have that six digit number you may have to call Sprint and have them walk you through a reprovisioning. Do not use what is posted, it is for example purposes only. Read the guide closely so you can write down the numbers you will need to put back in after you put the all 0 (zeros) in and reboot your phone. Like I said read, maybe even print out that post before you start. I would write the numbers down on that print out I believe you just need to change your phone number and MSID to the zeros (atleast thats what I did). If this seems to much or you do not have your MSL then call sprint and ask them to walk you through it. Occasionally (maybe once a month) I still have a battery drain that is unexplained but for the most part I sleep. I do not have near the apps you have either. I would still try the reprovisioning. Reprovisioning is not like a reset. You should not lose any data on the phone but stranger things have happened.

9. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

Based on some follow-ups in that thread, this seems to be the equivalent of rebooting the phone, which also resolves the issue. It works for a while, or forever probably depending on what your applications do after the reset....