"Always Enable Mobile Data" function causes Data Leakage?General

Last Updated:

1. khabibul35

khabibul35 Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone help explain what this does? I did a small search around the internet, and it came up with just about nothing.

My first question is:

I turned mobile data off, and yet, during the night, I was charged for data, so something leaked.

Personally, I thought if this was because of this particular function. But maybe it was something else.

So, I turned it off, but around the forums for other androids people seem to think that syncing doesn't work as well with this disabled.

Does anybody know what might have happened? And could this function have been the thing that caused the leak.

The leak, was actually for only 50 KB or so, but because I'm on Page Plus, it caused me to go under the required balance to refill of $29.95 and caused my plan to lapse.

It's important for me for this not to happen again. Can anyone give any tips?

Advertisement
  2. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie Well-Known Member

3. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure "Always Enable Mobile Data" and turning data off are two different things.

Turning it off will not let you access it if you try to unless you turn it back on. Always Enable Mobile Data stays "asleep" until you use an app that needs it, then it lets it access data. So, in your case a simple update sent every so often by facebook or any other app would have woken up your data connection and got what it wanted before going back to sleep.

That's the way I've always understood it. Sounds like you need to get an APN (data) widget and turn it off at night.