• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Always loosing 3G access - until I reboot...

this happens to me too. i know about the airplane mode fix. but why is it that sometimes i drop 3G and go 1X (usually while in GMaps) it will take forever for the phone to get back into 3G mode...if ever?! this is especially annoying when it happens in areas that i am usually in 3G mode for. then i ask my wife if her DX is in 3G and she is all like 'of course i am'. ugh.

Upvote 0
Just warranty replaced my first Incredible when it developed an advanced version of this problem (3g connection length could be measured in seconds), and now my replacement is doing the fixable version the second day I have it. It was fine throughout the morning and then all went to hell in the last few hours.

I'm an inch from being done with this model of phone, I'm so fed up with this.

Upvote 0
Just warranty replaced my first Incredible when it developed an advanced version of this problem (3g connection length could be measured in seconds), and now my replacement is doing the fixable version the second day I have it. It was fine throughout the morning and then all went to hell in the last few hours.

I'm an inch from being done with this model of phone, I'm so fed up with this.

Like I said, screw with the different radios. I flashed 2.07 and it worked for me. Dumb that you have to do this fix the problem though.

Upvote 0
Like I said, screw with the different radios. I flashed 2.07 and it worked for me. Dumb that you have to do this fix the problem though.

I think I want to root and do this. Will I be able to root and use the stock 2.2?

The only thing I want from rooting is a stable radio distro and to be able to uninstall bloatware. Also, where did you find your radio version?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones