Always "Low internal storage space" only a few apps installedSupport

Last Updated:

1. deanparkr

deanparkr Member

Having some problems with my Milestone :( over the past month or so I keep getting "Low internal storage space" with the phone having less than 20MB free.

A few days ago I went on a massive app cull and deleted all apps I didnt use leaving only all the Google ones, Facebook, Twitter, CardioTrainner, Shazam,Colornote, Pdanet, AndFTP, Astro and SMS Popup.

The cull resulted in there being 50MB free. Happy times, or so I thought. A few days later I am "Low internal storage space" again. Where is my storage going??

I Have cleared all the application caches and the biggest app is only 16MB which is Twitter.

It seems as soon as I delete something the storage is taken up by something else which I cant see. :confused:. Is there anyway I can see where my storage is going to ?

Advertisement
  2. NTP

NTP New Member

Looking forward to some one to answer this. Low phone memory is a ridiculous design issue.
  3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Flash the GOT 2.2 FroYo ROM and you will have the ability to move stuff to SD. I have a lot of apps but never seen the low memory message.
  4. Sxygrl912

Sxygrl912 New Member

same problem here! im freaking out!!! someone please help
  5. monsterduc1000

monsterduc1000 Well-Known Member

You can now update to 2.2 and have the ability to move apps to the sd card which saves a ton of space. Unfortunately though, some apps cannot be moved or even if moved still carry a little space on the Milestone, which has very limited memory to begin with. When the non-moto dual cores come out, I will be looking to switch to HTC, LG or Samsung as moto has a terribly slow update process for everywhere other than America.
  6. zentodroid

zentodroid New Member

Motorola's marketing really worked as I got the milestone and I love the phone.

But had I known there would be this issue I would've never purchased it. Now I don't know what app I'll delete.

I need all the ones I have.

Not good Motorola, not good at all
  7. kolotyluk

kolotyluk New Member

So - am I correct in assuming that even if you have Android 2.2.1 installed, there is no real solution to this problem because not all apps can be moved to the SD card?

Is it an Android defect that not all apps can be stored on the SD card, or a Milestone implementation defect? Application developers should not have to care where their applications are installed.

This is an amazing design/implementation defect. Good thing I won my Milestone in a Motorola sweepstakes.

I guess I will just have to wait until the Razr Extreme is available.

- Eric
  8. Nerdleader

Nerdleader New Member

I have found that some apps don't uninstall correctly. The only solution is factory reset.