always show pictures in an e-mail.

1. jrappy87

jrappy87 Well-Known Member

every time i get an e-mail with pictures, which is almost everyone, i have to hit "show pictures." Is there a way to always show pictures without having to hit the button?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Fronc

Fronc Well-Known Member

Not out of the box, no. I'd like to see this changed in the future though.
  3. jrappy87

Oh that's too bad, oh well.
  4. michaelk

michaelk Well-Known Member

I believe for exchange at least it's a bug, er- excuse me "feature", that MS implements in exchange active sync. Not sure why gmail does it too- besides to annoy us....
  5. slusig

slusig New Member

It's pretty standard that email clients won't download images automatically. The reason is because of spam. If images are downloaded automatically then spammers can figure out who is reading their email (and target you with more spam!). All they need to do is put image in the email that points to their website and they track the requests.

It's probably not a good idea to download images automatically. But I would agree there should be an option for those that don't care about that type of stuff.
  6. michaelk

they invented postini antispam for just that reason - laughing :D

A happy medium would be like gmail or outlook/exchange where messages from trusted senders/contact list auto downloaded but others didn't.

but for the information of those looking- add yet another fether into touchdowns cap- you can set it to always download pics.
  7. jrappy87

8. michaelk

in touchdown?

just go into the settings and there's a check box for it.
  9. gcs

gcs New Member

I have an iPhone which always downloads images and I had an android that did also. My wife has a note 2 that won't download images. I'm confused.

What is "touchdown" and will it solve the problem.
  10. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide