Am i brick my touch 3g?

Last Updated:

1. mackice

mackice Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys i probably brick my touch 3g i switch metods for 32a and 32b in this tutorials
    i do tuts for 32b instead for 32a

wiki cyanogenmod

i have mt3g sapphire put 32a ship s-on g
    radio 2.22.23.02
    cpld-13
    h boot 1,33.0013 sapp 3100
    oct 21 2009 22.33.27

first i do the one click root which is ok

after that i do download rom manager and installed and do the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
    choose this "ION/MyTouch 3G (GSM
    and the message come Successfully flashed ClockworkMod recovery!

after that i download CyanogenMod 5.0.8-DS:

for my touch 3g and google apps Google Apps for CyanogenMod 5
    TINY & MDPI devices one file

put all that to root of the card (zip files)
    i do the reeboot into recovery from rom manager and install 508 update succescfully and google app succescfully
    everything i do was sucessfully after that i boot up the phone and i am stuck on nexus one x logo with blue arowws constantly moving and moving

any help? am i brick my touch 3g? one think to mention when i am unpack update file from boot recovery from rom manager the system recognize files start unpacking everthing was succesfull and message comes welcome to the cyanogen 508
    thanx please respond me asap?

Advertisement
  2. gwcaton

gwcaton Well-Known Member

I have no idea if you have bricked your phone but one of the features of the universal androot is you can unroot just as easily and start over if you have to

3. mackice

thanx for quick reply but phone wont boot up,when iam power on phone only i can see is x nexus logo repeating and repeating all over and over?

4. gwcaton

I am not that knowledgable in the technical stuff , hopefully someone who is will chime in

5. mackice

i can acess to the bootloader menu,i see fast boot use,hboot mode,reset device,restart to h boot and power down that it,when i try to power on my touch 3g i got nexus one x sign which is constantly repeating and repeating any combination of buttons to press while is phone is stuck in logo screen is impossible only works volume down plus power on while phone is off,anyone help?

6. gwcaton

7. kski

kski Member

Try going back into fastboot and re-flashing sappimg.nbh( cupcake ), it should enable your phone to boot all the way up.

8. phatdaddy60

phatdaddy60 Member

The same thing sort of happened to me today. I downloaded CM6 RC3 and did not wipe (stupid stupid stupid). After updating, the phone booted and got stuck in a reboot loop for Cyanamod over and over.

I found the fix on another forum and it involve me removing the battery, reinserting it, holding home and power until I was in recovery. I then wiped my device, wiped the davik and let it reboot. My Mytouch 3G 1.2 is working like a champ now, with everything that I can see working!!!!!!!

Good luck, It is worth the update.

9. mackice

thanx to everybody i solved the problem by wiping the phone.