Am I expecting too much?

Last Updated:

1. HopeofCarter

HopeofCarter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Truthfully, that is a Samsung product, so they may use different cameras and/or tweak them differently. The reviews I've read on HTC cameras are very mixed, so I'm not sure how it will be.

Once the Incredible launches on the 29th I think we'll have a better idea since it probably uses the same or similar camera technology as the Evo.

3. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I cant find info on the Omnia regarding 8mp camera...where did you see that?

4. HopeofCarter

5. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Thanks

6. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know how many people would buy a cell phone purely for the camera. No matter how many megapixels in the sensor, the lens is still a little chip of glass and nowhere near as good as a dedicated camera. I think this is more providing a solid camera for a phone to take advantage of video and photo upload speeds. If your main reason for getting the Evi is an 8MP cell phone camera then you will definitely be disappointed. Sheeeeeit....my DSLR is only 6MP and it takes amazing photos.

7. HopeofCarter

Oh I know that I should buy a actual camera if pictures were my main concern. And no thats not my main concern regarding the evo. I was just wondering if i could expect the quality I mentioned above that came from some pretty old technology.

8. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

Haven't heard great things about HTCs cameras. Also, even with 8MP, you're dealing with a tiny little sensor. Honestly, a 8MP cell phone pic isn't going to look any better than a 5MP pic from a cell phone. The 5MP pic could look even better (if the hardware is nicer).

9. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I have a Touch Pro and it has a 3.2MP camera. The pics are awful and that's putting it lightly, to be quite honest. From what I understand, the picture quality was much better on the Touch Pro 2, even without a flash, but still lacking.

From the video previews I've watched on youtube, it seems like HTC improved on the lens they used in past models, simply because the clarity of the video images taken seems to be better.

10. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That is from my Pre with the 3MP camera. As you can see, it is pretty good. The EVO will be MUCH better.

11. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

pretty cool pic. wat city is that?

12. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

Los Angeles! Taken in the Hollywood Hills.

13. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

The Incredible's audio quality is pretty shoddy in its videos, I hope the EVO doesn't have the same issue...would be a shame to have HD video but then bad audio. Here's an example of the Samsung Galaxy S:

YouTube - Samsung I9000 Galaxy S 720p Video Sample

Not bad, hopefully the EVO at least matches this.