Am I in Trouble?

Last Updated:

1. footwords

footwords New Member This Topic's Starter

So, I'm having an issue with my usb port on my phone. My cable had got wet and without realizing it I plugged it into my phone. Dang!

So here's whats going on. The USB port on the phone isn't working all the time. Other things are starting to go wrong but thats besides the point. I want to take it back for a new one. I have full coverage on insurance. But I'm rooted. I want to put it back to default. I can't mount the phone to a computer to use the sprint tool to flash it back to default.

So the questions are:

Can you reflash to default without the sprint tool?
    (maybe i can put an image on my sd card and load it?)

Does sprint care if you're rooted?

Would my phone show to them as water damage? It never fell in water or got totally wet. It was just the usb cable that was wet. I know they have those water detector strips or whatever. I dont think that would show water exposure.

Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Advertisement
  2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Without the usb connection there is no way to flash the stock 2.1 update. I would take it in and just tell them that the usb stopped working. Chances are whoever is helping you will try to plug it in, see that it isnt working, and replace it for a hardware defect.

3. footwords

footwords New Member This Topic's Starter

I posted on sdx too. Got a great solution. Only problem is that it didn't replace my boot logo to default. Check it out for future reference.

Am I in Trouble?

4. nevergonnauseth

nevergonnauseth Well-Known Member

It sounds like you need to almost break it more. Like find a way to get the thing to not turn on at all and then say "I dunno, it just... happened".