Am I just lucky???

Last Updated:

1. RoyMustang

RoyMustang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone hasn't had any problems from day one. I've been reading over many of the posts in this forum that involve dust under the screen, popping sounds in left earbuds, loose sliders, etc. and I have had none of those issues. Am I in the minority here or is it simply people with problems are more likely to post?

Advertisement
  2. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

Mines fine. No problems either.

3. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

Too early to tell, my phone was great for the first week and half, then out of nowhere BAM! all hell breaks loose.

4. dmgabe

dmgabe Well-Known Member

I think that with anything you are more likely to see posts from people with problems. Those without simply go about life enjoying their droids.

5. RoyMustang

I'm curious ICstars, what problems have you run into? I haven't seen any evidence as to different builds of the phone having problems. Wonder if some phones are acting "buggy" at random? By the way, Go Hawks!

6. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member

I've had a great phone with no problems, I have issues sometimes, but nothing that is a problem.

Sometimes I go to tap the Home button and nothing happens, I have to tap it a couple times before I get a haptic response. Or I'll tap the screen to check a link in a browser or something and it will open the menu.

7. bubbarob1978

bubbarob1978 Member

No problems here either....having a blast with the phone for about two weeks now. Hope it stays that way.

8. droidism

droidism Well-Known Member

No problems here either.

9. fortworthbret

fortworthbret Well-Known Member

VZW sold close to a quarter of a million of these phones in the first week. If there were widespread problems (other than the camera...yikes) you'd see more than the forums with complaints.

I also know of a few apple fanboys that jump on forums saying their droid is having problems without ever even using one.

You're not lucky, you're just like most of the droid owners... happy, and too busy playing with their phone to jump on a forum to say it is good.

10. joneee

joneee Well-Known Member

It seems like the whole Droid community has these problems because if you have a problem, you're going to post it to try to find a solution. People without problems aren't going to be posting about someone else's problem. So I believe you're in the majority of the Droid population.

11. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

Well for awhile there, I had no problems, everything worked as expected and it was great. Then out of nowhere the camera app would lock up and need to be force closed, any app pertaining to the camera also wouldn't work. I thought it was maybe an app that was unsupported for 2.0 causing it, so I went through my list and got rid of the ones that didn't say for "Android 2.0" or "Droid Support." It was still happening from time to time. Battery pulls and even a hard reset wasn't a solid fix. I'm aware of all the fixes coming on the 11th, but my 30 days wont stretch that far, so I figured I'd be safer exchanging it for a new one instead of hoping the fix would patch it up.

Hope that helps.

12. Droid707

Droid707 New Member

I also have not had any probs. All slow down and battery issues were resolved by uninstalling task killer and turning down the brightness on the screen.

13. aaron5610

aaron5610 Well-Known Member

LOL yea it's happened to me to. That flash is like looking directly at the sun LOL.

I too have zero problems with this phone. Seems to be built great. Like others have said most with good phones have nothing to report plus the iPhone fanboys are watching us LOL. Just look at YouTube, they give reviews claiming to own one and telling how horrible it is. But you never see the Droid in the video. How boring there lives must be LOL. If the iPhone is so great why don't they go play with it instead of lying about the Droid? Guess the Droid scares them haha!

14. RoyMustang

Judging by the replies it seems like u
    I am in the majority which is good. I want this phone to flourish, not just because I own one, but I want android to take off. I love this os and I think it can only get better. @icstars. That seems to be too many issues. I would exchange it. I've heard good things about verizon's exchange policy.

15. photoeditor

photoeditor Well-Known Member

My problem has been exclusively with awful 1x signal. Both samples too. I don't really see anything else wrong with the phone or the software that can't be fixed by Google paying a little more attention to the user interface in Android. 3G works great. Hardware feels nice. Virtual and physical keyboards good.

But I have to be able to make voice calls on it.