am i rooted?

Last Updated:

1. dunbad

dunbad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I've been BATTLING for the past 2 days to get my phone rooted (call me thick stupid etc, but i did spend considerable time reading up on it. Anyway, I thought I had failed the root process on my debranded and unlocked desire. However on restoring mybackup pro, I get a message that says I have root user access or something and special/extra something.? Never seen this before. Is there a way to see if I'm rooted? I can't see any root user icon in the menu or anything.
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Desire D

Desire D Well-Known Member

Yep sounds like you are, do you have a Superuser Permissions app now as well? if so yes 100% you are.

3. dunbad

No I haven't got that icon/app super user permissions, but I read that its not always there, some people say it is the way to check? But I have got set CPU and Rom manager from market which I couldn't find before. Also my internal memory has shrunk? From about 80 meg to about 40? Any way of checking for sure?

4. dunbad

Further to the above, I have app brain now on my desire. Not sure of that is for root only, I dint think I could get it before? Also I have set CPU, which "appears" to be working, and Rom manager, Rom manager looks like it does its thing, but after I download a new Rom I can't seem to install it from the SD card, its like nothing happens, so still not totally sure of I managed to root. I certainly dine step 1 ok, but step 2 seemed to fall down after wipe and install update from etc?

5. Desire D

Desire D Well-Known Member

Go to the Market, download a free app called Shoot Me, which takes screenshots of your phone, it only works on rooted phones so that will tell you, there is probably a easier to tell, but you'll know for sure this way.

6. dunbad

Thanks for getting back to me.
    I tried shoot me and it works fine. But reading the reviews I see it mentions that it works on unrooted evos apparently. Either way it works on mine fine.
    Also "cache mate" is another root only app that clearly works on my device. So do you think I'm rooted? I didn't complete the update zip process as I had errors. Is it that Rom manager I'm just not doing something right and I am in fact rooted?
    Thanks.