• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
so weird....as an end to this frustrating story, i turned off my phone and waited a few seconds....pressed home for a while and the power. i got the skateboarding androids - as if my phone was never rooted. and for anyone out there...i did the auto root and when it restarted i even got the nandroid folder. this phone was rooted!!! i'm 100% positive of what i saw. so this leads me to beleive there may be something wrong in the auto root. i dunno...honestly i don't. but it didn't work for me.

Upvote 0
Yup. You would get that screen after RUU as it would be factory default. I'm still not sure what the problem is with removing apps, as it should work fine. Being that you can't adb remount, I'm slightly confused.

I know you are trying to do it manually, and are still having problems. I would say, now that you have rebooted, try the manual instructions in the guide here, and please take a screen shot of your cmd prompt box with all commands and post it for us to see. It will help us to help you :)

Upvote 0
yup...on all. alright, i really appreciate your help...but my brain can't take anymore for today. or at least now. i need a break, i've been working on this for about 6 hours - i'm frustrated, disappointed and still hate nascar. i'm gonna come back to this with a fresh head.

You just said that you RUU'd successfully and now you are saying you didn't?

Well, you can try and download the RUU again, you might have just got a bad copy. I've seen people have to try a few times to get a good copy. That is where I would start.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones