Am I the only one 1 (Captivate issues)Support

Last Updated:

1. 7upster

7upster Member This Topic's Starter

I love, love android. This is my 1st android phone. I have been an iphone user for the last 3 years. I have had every iphone but the 4. I just can't get used to the laggness of the captivate. I cav't stand how the damn screen seems to freeze at times. I hate that my fav. app in the world (pandora) keeps force closing. Now I ask am I the only one with these issues? Will Froyo update fix this, or should I just get the Sony X10? I have only had this phone for like two weeks, so I can still exchange it. I am all about the android and will never go back top an iphione.

Advertisement
  2. northernale1

northernale1 Well-Known Member

well i just recieved my captivate about 5 days ago now,,, i dont see the lag you speak of,but if you decide to goto the x10 get your rocking chair oout,, as that was the biggest piece of crap i owned, rogers replaced my x10 with the captivate and didnt even want the x10 back,,

3. jeremytanner

jeremytanner Well-Known Member

It's likely Froyo will fix some of it, since part of the purpose of Froyo was to speed things up a bit. Pandora should not be force closing, though. Have you tried uninstalling and reloading it?

4. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

If you have a Task Killer installed, uninstall it and reboot, and see if that helps resolve the issue. If it does, great. If it doesn't you can always reinstall the TK, although I would recommend against it :)

5. 7upster

Well I got X10 today and I love it. No lag, no force close issues.

6. 7upster

Oh it took a few days before the Captive staryed actting up. If u look on the AY&T site ots of coustormers say the same thing. I had a task killer and not many apps on mine.