1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Am i the only one still on 4.0.3?

1. blackyblackguy

blackyblackguy Well-Known Member

im running the aokp (and loving it) but recently i have been getting a lot of random restarts, freezing up while playing music, and when i try to make a call it wont dial right away. Im thinking that i may need upgrade to 4.0.4 but i was just wondering if there was really a huge benefit to doing so?

Advertisement
    :
  2. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

i assume your on the VZW Galaxy Nexus?
  3. blackyblackguy

blackyblackguy Well-Known Member

yes i am are these common problems with the verizon one?
  4. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

I have 4.0.2

I didn't know that anything above has gone out yet for the vzw version.
  5. flagg33

flagg33 Active Member

There is nothing higher than 4.0.2. OP is using a custom rom. 4.0.3 is AOSP and has been used to make custom roms like aokp. But that update has been pulled by google until serious bugs can be fixed for the Nexus S and apparently Galaxy Nexus too.

4.0.4 is also NOT official. It is just a leak and also bugged up enough that devs have said it is not ready for release. Anyone on this is also using a custom rom.
  6. holysnikey

holysnikey Well-Known Member

I would try a different ROM. I personally do not like pure AOKP. The Axi0m/AOKP hybrid is pretty solid as well as Liquid which is much smoother and better battery wise than AOKP. GummyNex is a very stable ROM but it isn't as customizeable as AOKP or Liquid but still more so than stock or other stock-esque ROMs.
  7. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

I was only asking so i can move this thread to the VZW Galaxy Nexus All Things Root Sub Forum :)

Reason: Thread is specific to the VZW Galaxy Nexus speaking of custom roms and all that jazz :)

thanks for understanding. :D
  8. Mikey P

Mikey P Well-Known Member

I just switched to Liquid and it is butter...using franco kernel and getting great battery life.