• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Am I the only one that -always- gets good customer service?

D

Deleted User

I feel like Im going crazy here. Im on a family play with 3 other lines, and during the past few years we have had a few issues where we have had to call in and get help, or ask questions about the problem. -EVERY- single time we have had someone capable of solving our problem, or smart enough to know where to send us to get the problem resolved.

A few years back I had something charging my line $10 a month, jamster or some other scam garbage. It was about 3 months before we had noticed since we were paying the bill as a lump and not individually. We called them up and they explained what was happening, ie where the charge was coming from, and took the charges off. All of the charges were removed.

We have also had overages show up because the Father-in-law went over our minutes, and they removed a good amount of the fee.

And one of the phones was damaged, without insurance, and they gave the owner of that line a screaming deal on a replacement.

I am a very happy customer and I dont plan on leaving AT&T any time soon. Recently bought a house in a area that didnt have the best data coverage. In the first 6 months we were in the house the data speed increased by quite a bit. Barely had Edge when were moved in, and now its fast enough that its actually usable if we forget to turn wifi on on our devices.

Done with my sorta-rant.:D

My biggest problem when I was on AT&T was not once I got to their customer service (they were pretty good). My problem was it seemed like I had to call them a lot about problems, billing, contract issues, etc... I just got tired of having to call. The bigger problems was their main corporate store - generally not all that great.

Upvote 0
I feel like Im going crazy here. Im on a family play with 3 other lines, and during the past few years we have had a few issues where we have had to call in and get help, or ask questions about the problem. -EVERY- single time we have had someone capable of solving our problem, or smart enough to know where to send us to get the problem resolved.

A few years back I had something charging my line $10 a month, jamster or some other scam garbage. It was about 3 months before we had noticed since we were paying the bill as a lump and not individually. We called them up and they explained what was happening, ie where the charge was coming from, and took the charges off. All of the charges were removed.

We have also had overages show up because the Father-in-law went over our minutes, and they removed a good amount of the fee.

And one of the phones was damaged, without insurance, and they gave the owner of that line a screaming deal on a replacement.

I am a very happy customer and I dont plan on leaving AT&T any time soon. Recently bought a house in a area that didnt have the best data coverage. In the first 6 months we were in the house the data speed increased by quite a bit. Barely had Edge when were moved in, and now its fast enough that its actually usable if we forget to turn wifi on on our devices.

Yes you are. Astoundingly.bad customer service by att is confirmed by public opinion research.

Upvote 0
I have just about always had good customer service and never had bad customer service with AT&T, both before and after the Cingular merger. Not as good as when I was with T-Mobile, but significantly better than when I was with Verizon (That was so bad, they will never see my money again).

The one caveat I make to all this is that I am on a corporate account and I get corporate customer service instead of regular customer service in some other country.

Upvote 0
I don't have many issues with customer service...like was said before, most of my issues stem from service issues. I'm on the phone now with them trying to get my data plan back...

They did give me early upgrades on two of my lines, more than two months before they were due...so yeah...not hating on att customer service!

This lady is trying hard to get my unlimited data back...lol

Upvote 0
I had ONE bad experience at an AT&T store that is now out of business. The workers seemed to go out of their way to NOT be helpful and the mushy manager just frowned and said "sorry" when I asked for his input. Left that store and went up the road to a different AT&T store, and the issue was fixed in less than 10 minutes. I think a lot of the issues people have are with poorly trained front-line people OR lazy, non-helpful types who would be that way working at the local supermarket also.

Upvote 0

Do you work there?

Upvote 0
I do not work for AT&T. I work for Walmart in the Connection Center. I sell phones for AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon. As well as Straight Talk, Family Mobile, and a bunch of other pre-paid companies. Ive been an AT&T customer for 4 times longer then Ive had this position.

Upvote 0
I agree. Every time I have had to call they have gone above and beyond. One time my daugter locked her sim card by mistake. I would have had to pay for a new one, about $20. I called customer support and they replaced it at no charge. The agent noted my account so that when I went to the store I would get it free. I think it is very easy to bash bad customer service, and it is mostly deserved. But we rarely hear when customers get good service.

Upvote 0
I have been with AT&T now since 2002. I have had to call them for various issues and questions. NEVER, not even ONCE have I had a bad experience with anyone at Customer Service. I have even gone to the store and never had any complaints about them.

Now, there have been times where I didn't like the answer I got. They DID really try hard to help, but in the end it was just a no-go. Now, can you REALLY blame them for that? I don't. Especially when they put for the effort. There are just some corporate policies and rules you just can't get around.

During my time with AT&T, I also had a T-Mobile line (while I was working for them) and despite my issues I had with a couple devices, their customer service was fantastic as well!

I think when people call and immediately start to b*tch and complain out the gate, that sets the tone for the call and there is no right answer at that point. :p

Meh... :D

Upvote 0
I had ONE bad experience at an AT&T store that is now out of business. The workers seemed to go out of their way to NOT be helpful and the mushy manager just frowned and said "sorry" when I asked for his input. Left that store and went up the road to a different AT&T store, and the issue was fixed in less than 10 minutes. I think a lot of the issues people have are with poorly trained front-line people OR lazy, non-helpful types who would be that way working at the local supermarket also.

You may have been at a Dealer store the first time. They are the LEAST likely to help as they have limited access to accounts and can make only basic modifications. They make money with sales and activations. They don't make money by helping. :(

Now, not ALL dealer stores are like that, just the poorly run ones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones