Am I the only one who didn't know this?!

Last Updated:

1. deviouskoopa

deviouskoopa Active Member

I never noticed this, but whenever you hold the home button, a screen pops up that lets you select one of your last 6 used apps. Kind of handy... :)

2. camdz

camdz Well-Known Member

You werent the only one. My most used apps all have widgets that are pretty easy to get to, but thats still a cool feature .
  3. Negrito

Negrito Well-Known Member

I knew, but thanks for sharing with the class. :)
  4. dcdttu

dcdttu Well-Known Member

It's an Android feature, not Sense UI. It's very nice, kind of like alt-tab in PC's.
  5. UTnick

UTnick Well-Known Member

i, also, found it on accident. high five.
  6. Negrito

Negrito Well-Known Member

except this one is just the last six programs to run, and 'alt+tab' is currently running programs. ;)
  7. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Yep , It's a good feature to open your most recently used apps :)

If you hold the "Menu" button it brings up the Keyboard too
  8. dcdttu

dcdttu Well-Known Member

Haha, I found that out when my home screen randomly popped up the keyboard. I thought it was an error. :)
  9. sr1982

sr1982 Well-Known Member

I noticed that too, but what the heck does it bring it up for?
  10. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Well I noticed if you bring it up on the home screen and press a letter that it will search your contacts {Well does for me on my HTC Magic}. Pretty useless now considering the Universal search is simply 1) Possibly on your home screen 2) You can bring up the search by pressing the Search key.

Have you also Noticed if you hold the Search button it brings up the Voice search? I use it to Dial my contacts..........Mainly my Mum :D
  11. ackmondual

ackmondual Member

Yeah, it's also implemented that way on my Samsung Galaxy s2

I do wish there were a way to "swipe" and access more than just my past 6 apps though. Sometimes I accidentally open 2 or 3 "junk" apps and now an app or 2 is now unaccessible easily. I'll have to play around and start putting up more widgets and shortcuts on my home screens, or perhaps explore more options through rooting.
  12. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

...why did you bring this post up.....really its over 2 years old.