Am I the only one who doesn't care about battery life???

Last Updated:

1. |mpulse

|mpulse Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I constantly see threads and blog posts about people crying about the N1's battery life - WHY DOES ANYONE CARE?!?!

A spare battery is $24! That's nothing! Be appreciative of the fact that:

• We can actually swap out our batteries (WTF Apple???)
    • We need to swap them out because of the amount of power this phone has!
    • Because it's so fast and convenient to use, we actually use the phone for far more than just calls and basic apps
    All the above aside, I actually don't even think batter consumption is all that bad, however, $24 for a stock batter isn't bad at all.

I had each of the iPhones within a month of them being released - I had mine unlocked and jailbroken and needed to jump through hoops to make it half the phone this is... I'm never going back!

I love this phone. :)

Advertisement
    ap3604 and HustlinDaily like this.
  2. apeironer

apeironer Member

I agree 100%. But if you root the phone and control the cpu rate you can have a phone that with normal use lasts 2 days. I haven't had the time to root my nexus one yet but I still get at least 12 hours out of my phone, while using GPS, internet, youtube, games, and a boatload of apps in the background.

3. RogerPodacter

RogerPodacter Well-Known Member

I don't care about the battery life because if you Google search for "iPhone real world battery life" you see people complaining about the same exact issues."my iPhone dies after only 6 hours of usage, etc". so to me I think its Just inherent to phones with large touch screens. if anything the nexus seems to be slightly above average in that class of devices.

4. ParishyM

ParishyM Well-Known Member

i bought an extra battery and 2 desktop docks so battery life isn't an issue for me.

5. locus

locus Well-Known Member

It would be nice if it had a bigger capacity battery but for me its not much of a big deal either, I have the Google dock bought another dock on ebay that lets me charge the Nexus 1 plus the spare battery I got when purchasing the phone, also just about everywhere there is a USB connection where I can give it a charge, office, home, friends home etc, most of my relatives have phones that use the micro USB charger so plenty around, so battery issue for me is not a big deal. not like a phone we know that the battery is non swappable and uses a proprietary connector.

6. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

It's no problem for me, I always get at least 16 hours out of it, and have managed 36 hours before.

7. RellikZephyr

RellikZephyr Well-Known Member

i would like a bit better battery life but over all im happy enough it lasts me from wake up till bed time with MY normal use

heavy use cuts it a bit close but considering what heavy use involves i understand

but lasting 24 hours of heavy would be unreal and i dont think you could ask more than that so its pretty close

RellikZephyr

8. Karganeth

Karganeth Active Member

Extra battery? Pfft. It's all about the 3000mAh from Seidio. ITS A MONSTA and my phone life lasts twice as long as it did before. It makes my phone bigger but I definitely don't care at all about the size difference, the only downside is that the phone doesn't LOOK as sexy because they used shitty looking plastic.

9. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I find the battery life adequate (not amazing mind you). However, now I use the phone in a car dock most days I never have to worry about it running down.

10. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

I don't care about the battery life either, but then mine lasts about eighteen hours per charge cycle and then some, which is plenty really.

11. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I want my hot sexy Nexus to stay hot and sexy...not a chubby little thing! :p So no to the 3000mAh battery...unless they can pack 3000mAh in the 1500mAh's size!!! Then I'm sold!

I got the extra battery, at $25, you couldn't go wrong. Only problem...I haven't even opened the extra battery from its package...I get really frustrated when I try to take the back cover off, I always find it a struggle so I only do it sparingly. Also, I get between 20-30 hours if I use my phone for everything except phone calls...I've noticed my Nexus is HORRIBLE on battery life with phone calls :(

12. jettrue

jettrue Active Member

I'm with you, I don't care about battery life. I can charge my phone in my car, and work and at home, and that's where I spend most of my time.

13. koolbon

koolbon Active Member

I started using Live wallpaper and stopped using Task killers. :)
    I have more than 50% of battery left before I go to bed with normal use.

14. crabman

crabman Well-Known Member

I have found on the regular battery swap system that my covers usually end up getting hashed after a while. I can just make it through the day and frankly thats all I need. Considering thats pretty much been the story for all the smartphones I had recently I cant see how it can be a knock against the N1. Fact is smartphones are up against the limits of battery capacity in any modern handset.

15. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

I purchased a second battery also. I am on my 3rd day with my new Siedio 1600 mah battery and there is a big enough difference that makes me think maybe there was something wrong with my original battery. I am also using Juice Defender (without the graph, I know some people think it's bs, so far it seems to be helping). My phone, with moderate use, now last me at least from when I get up, go to and from work (40 minutes train ride each way), and at the gym with still juice to spare. If it's a heavy use day then I just plug it into my work computer during the day. Plus now I have the extra battery as a spare (I tote a backpack to and from work so it's no big deal). This pretty much matches (slightly beats) my iphone 3g. I say slightly beats because I couldn't multi-task with my iphone and wasn't on it as much as my N1.

16. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Bad battery is a no go. A spare battery--although great to have--shouldn't be required to use a device normally. And money is money, no way to get around that. You shouldn't have to buy it, if it was designed that way then it should be included with the device.

17. Roze

You also wouldn't have the option to swap batteries on your old iPhone :p

18. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

Exactly, once it was dead you had no choice but to plug it in.

19. Roze

IF you had a source to plug it into! When you're out for the whole day till the wee hours in the morning...that'll be hard XD

20. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to applaud your thread. :D

One of the main reasons I bought the N1 and sold my 3gs is because of the ability to pop in a spare battery.

Thread should be stickied so that the trolls stop whining about "issues" they can easily fix.

Post more please, I like your way of thinking. :)

21. seer_claw

seer_claw Member

After having a BB Storm with about an equal battery life and no Wifi or high speed internet I'm really happy with the N1's lifespan. I'll likely pick up another battery at some point so that I have another one. Plus the batteries are so cheap, the batteries for my camera at $80 each so its not expensive to have another one in my pocket for my phone.