Am I the only one who is happy with the battery?General

Last Updated:

1. HTCWozz

HTCWozz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not saying its incredible, because its far from it, but I can beat my 2 friends iphones' by about 8 hours. AtLeast.

on medium use I can get about 28 hours, this obviously includes some time on standby, but I browse alot, a bit of music, games and calls.

I don't know, maybe everyone is getting that. But they need it to last longer than I, or expect it to last longer than I do. I usually charge at night anyway so my high usage time (17 ish) is still good enough.

Warren

Advertisement
  2. redrox2110

redrox2110 Active Member

I also don't have any complaints. Have had many different versions of smartphones (mostly WinMo) and never got alot more battery life out of any of them.

My DHD goes strong with fairly heavy use (work and personal) from 7am until at least 1am the next day. Longer with more moderate use, but I usually plug in before bed.

And considering how much more phone I'm getting, I'm quite happy with that. :)

3. kaine

kaine Well-Known Member

I did have problems initially, but after realizing that my FB contacts were syncing CONTINUOUSLY and the battery was lasting just five hours, now it's lasting the entire day.

4. Marshal77

Marshal77 Member

Proper battery in a phone should last for 3 days with a single charge in my opinon.

5. HTCWozz

HTCWozz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

3 days? I doubt you'll find a phone of this standard last 3 days.

6. anandv76

anandv76 Well-Known Member

i have seen worse with my N900, but after loads of tweaks which I could do with that phone i managed to increase it to around 3+ days with reasonable usage. i am not too disappointed with the DHD battery as much as I am with some other "features" that are mostly "gimmicks" if at all...

7. volvo940seturbo

volvo940seturbo Well-Known Member

Perfectly happy with my battery performance on my HD, was happy with the performance on my standard Desire as well, but the HD seems to last allot longer than my Desire did.

8. Pothers

Pothers Well-Known Member

I'm more than happy with my battery life.

This is my first proper smartphone ( Nokia 5800 previously ) and I was expecting to charge every day with the massive screen, but I'm getting 2 to 3 days. Admittedly, I'm not a heavy user.

9. MrPie

MrPie Well-Known Member

Initially i wasn't happy. But after 2-3 full complete charge cycles the batteries great. I normally have around 25% at the end of the day after playing music for hours and using mobile internet when commuting and leaving wifi on all day when at uni. I also play games for a while so all in all i'm happy :D

10. ScarfaceNinja

ScarfaceNinja Active Member

Lasts a day for me, but only had a week of charges yet.

11. MSPreacher

MSPreacher Well-Known Member

How do you stop if from syncing continously? I set it to 1 hour, but my battery keeps dying before the end of the day too, so is something else doing syncing too? Icertainly wouldn't be able to manage "listening to hours of music" at this rate, like someone else said.

12. kaine

kaine Well-Known Member

Turn it off completely. That's how I solved it. I checked battery usage and FB sync is part of the calendar app.

13. SithSurfer

SithSurfer Well-Known Member

I'm quite happy with mine - easily survives the day. Keeping in mind having 2 business e-mails sychro set to every 10 minutes, 2 GMail accounts, Twitter, Facebook, some texting and quite a few calls. All good on my end.

14. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

I'm sick of reading posts about batteries. 34% of the first page early this morning were battery related / 2 on lag within 3 posts of each other!! Come on peeps use search and help tidy this forum up a bit. There are lots of useful posts about what to do to increase battery life.