Am I the only one who keeps my phone in my pocket?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. mlclm

mlclm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I recently got a DX and, because I'm such a butterfingers, I want to get a case for it. However it seems like the only cases that are made anymore are rubberized (read: a pain in the ass to get in and out of pockets). Does anyone else share this seemingly weird attribute? I feel like I'm all alone. :(

And if anyone knows of a non-rubberized case, please let me know haha.

Advertisement
  2. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Check out the silicon based cases (TPU), as they are not "rubberized".

3. rc346

rc346 Member

i have the verizon silicone case on my x and have no problems getting in and out of my pocket.

4. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

I keep mine in my pocket, currently naked, however I have used the best buy Rocketfish case and that slips easily in and out of your pocket.

5. Droid Samurai

Droid Samurai Well-Known Member

+1

6. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

I keep mine in my front jeans or pants pocket. Currently I have one of the cheap 2 piece hard plastic with the rubberized paint for grip (from Amazon). Not grippy enough to cause the phone to stick in and out of the pocket, but just grippy enough that the phone doesn't spontaneously fly outta my hand and land in a pit of snakes or a moat of alligators. I have an epik (from ebay, seller ships from China) semi-hard silicone case on the way, I hope I like it even better.

Amazon case http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Rubbe..._16?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1286376024&sr=1-16

Ebay case [​IMG]http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-Epik-Case-Gel-Skin-screen-Motorola-Droid-X-/300451617603?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item45f44fdb43

7. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

... and also offers a very adequate protection, both for the phone and the screen since they have this wrap around bumper on the front. These TPU cases (argyle design) are dirt cheap for about $3 off eBay (HK shipped) or you can get for $6-$7 (local US shipped). Also, since I use M2 Soundgate car mount and have anchor disk stuck to the back of my TPU case - it holds it very good!!! Had it for over 2 month with really heavy use in heat and recent cold. As long as you follow M2 directions to wipe the case, that sticky tape goes on TPU case permanently!!! Pair it up with a screen protector to make it easier to wipe the screen or during the summer when hands are sweaty and that is all that you need to carry it safe in the pocket. I also mentioned it in other threads, you don't need expensive screen protectors.

8. GrnMonster

GrnMonster Member

Second this. I have that case it slides in and out of my jeans pockets with no problem.

9. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

I keep mine in my front left jean pocket as well.

I decided to not get a case but instead went with Phantom Skinz. Protects the phone from being scratched up and definitely does wonders to add to the grip of the phone! I know this ultimately won't help with dropping it on the concrete or hard floor much but I have yet to find a case that's a "must have" for my phone

10. escalade6103

escalade6103 Well-Known Member

rocketfish iss over priced. look on ebay for "droid x rubberized case". i took mine to best buy and compared it to the rocketfish and it was the exact same but a lot cheaper!

11. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

You're probably not the only one. But I myself have a Redbull lanyard that I use to carry mine around on. Sometimes slip in in my back pocket. Good thing I don't wear 'skinny jeans'.

12. escalade6103

escalade6103 Well-Known Member

i dont think anyone that uses the dx and puts it in their pocket wears skinny jeans. they would have to go take their pants off everytime to get their dx out. plus they probably have burger king hands anyways so they couldnt use it anyways!

stronggeek and mxsjw like this.
  13. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Body Glove here. No problems at all. Always in my pocket.
    I will NEVER use a geeky belt case. N E V E R! Ever. Not gonna happen...

14. BabyDoc

BabyDoc Well-Known Member

I usually keep my phone in my shirt pocket. I have a BEST BUY Platinum case, made by Seidio, for it with a Holster that I use only when I don't have a shirt pocket. I don't find that the 1 mm thick ruberized case makes it difficult to remove the phone from my shirt pocket. I wouldn't consider putting the phone in a pant pocket for fear of damaging the screen.

15. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Just don't lean over a body of water ;)

16. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Well-Known Member

Megadittos!

17. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

I used the clear case from verizon on my eris and droped it 4or5 times never hurt anything also have on my x have not droped it yet but it does slide in and out of your pocket nicely.

18. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

I had the Body Glove case, but it was too tacky for my tastes. Was easy to hold, but turned my jeans pockets inside out every time. Replaced it with a Rocketfish case, love that one. Slimmer, lighter, and slides in and out of pockets really easily. I'm keeping the Body Glove case for times I might be going somewhere and want a little extra protection, but for day-to-day use, I gotta have a thinner and lighter case.

I put my phone in my front jeans pocket all the time. I just make sure the screen is against my leg, should be pretty safe like that.

19. Napalm

Napalm Well-Known Member

I too pocket the phone/mini-tablet.

I have the VZ leather 2 piece but I am looking for a good replacement.

bare device I honestly think is best. I do have a screen protector

20. cheetos

cheetos Member

21. Bankswood

Bankswood Well-Known Member

I bought this on Ebay and it turned out to be perfect. Is is very thin and hard but has a nice finish and feel. It cost $1.99 and shipped free. It is easy to get off and on for battery pulls but will not easily come off. It's open on either end but still has provided great protection.

[​IMG]Hybrid Hard Back Case Cover For Motorola Droid X MB810 - eBay (item 290472152301 end time Dec-04-10 08:38:50 PST).
    Cheetos just read your post. How in the heck can they sell anything and ship it free for $0.05?
    I bought one just to see how it works out.

22. cheetos

cheetos Member

Hmm is there any way this could actually be scam? Is it possible for the seller to take more than the 5 cents? Idk...it is a pretty weird price point.

23. Bankswood

Bankswood Well-Known Member

If you use PayPal I don't see how they could take more than you gave permission too. Paypal has also been good a about handling dispute.