Am i the only one?

Last Updated:

1. jonous101

jonous101 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Keep reading how all these unlocked hero's have had the 2.1 update. I've got an unlocked Hero on 3 - tried moving my calendar to a month in front, for a whole day and no update, turned it off and on and still no update. Is it just selected handsets or am i doing somat wrong?
    Also has this 2.1 got proper bluetooth because that is the only thing i want out of this 2.1 really otherwise i'm quite happy with my Hero and i don't have the guts to root - i'd need someone to do it for me.
    Sorry for the moan, just feeling abit left out :(

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I think you're confusing 'unlocked' and 'unbranded' here. Whether your Hero is locked or not has no bearing on the updates you receive.

What's important is the firmware your phone is running. Since your phone was originally locked to 3, it's probably running 3 branded firmware. That would explain the lack of update, since 3 haven't released it yet. If you go to settings >> about phone and find your Build Number we can determine if you're using branded firmware :)

If that is the case, you will either have to wait for 3, debrand the hero or switch to custom firmware. (And if you don't want to root/use custom firmware, you won't want to debrand either; they're pretty much the same process).

3. jonous101

jonous101 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Hero is not from 3. I bought it unlocked from Amazon and put my 3 contract sim in it.

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Ensure that you have installed the most recent firmware (2.73.405.66) from here.