Am I The Only One?General

What do you think about the stock music application?

1. I have to use another application for music.

16 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. I'm content with the stock music application.

41 vote(s)
    71.9%

Last Updated:

1. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So am I one of the only people who doesn't mind the stock music player? I feel like I'm in the same boat as when it comes to Swype, I just don't see what the big deal is.

Advertisement
  2. 34.50

34.50 Well-Known Member

It has a good interface, but when populating artists/albums, it's just slow. I use another program (doubletwist or 3 or Meridian) for my music playback.

3. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

I don't mind the stock music player but I do prefer 3. But thats mostly because I think it looks better :D

I'm not really on board with Swype yet. It's neat but I type just fine with the regular old keyboard and I am not in the mood to try something else.

One thing that I usually feel alone in is my feelings on the Sense Widgets. Most people seem to love them and won't try other home replacement apps because they will loose them. Personally... I hate them. I think they are huge, clunky and just ugly. I even paid for the Launcher Pro Plus which now has some similar widgets and I still don't use them. But I'm more than happy to support the dev of my favorite app :)

4. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member

I'm trying to get into Swype. Unfortunately the only real time I've spent texting on my phone is while at work, when I don't really have time to learn something new. It's been a little frustrating sending messed up messages and having a hard time typing up messages. I like the idea a lot so I'm trying to get into it more.

Anyone know when a fully supported version of Swype will be out? I have the skinned one from XDA but I feel like it's not as "pretty" as the official. Almost looks a little outdated, anyone else agree?

5. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

Nope your not alone. I have tried other players but I still prefer the stock one.

6. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

well I'm an app slut so I have 3 or more other players.
    still trying them out, features , looks etc

right now I likely mort

7. wild style

wild style Well-Known Member

I like the stock music player also. I just wish there was a way to change tracks by long pressing on the volume rocker like my old bb.

8. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

I like and use Meridian also. But Hey! That's the nice thing about a customizable device with many choices to choose from! If you don't like what you currently use, try something else!

9. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I've pretty much used every media player and always go back to stock, I love the lock screen controls , the widget is decent . My only beef with the stock player is it's slow but it's the most reliable imo

jj3699 likes this.
  10. veloslave

veloslave Banned

I think the default music player is terrible... no features to speak of and not intuitive.

Would it work out if i were on a deserted island with charging but no broadband? Sure it would but don't think about that senario too much, you may get sick.

Now OTOH, deserted island WITH HS Broadband????

:D

11. jj3699

jj3699 Well-Known Member

That is exactly how I feel, I wish it could keep the album art and music widget synced when the phone is rebooted but past that she is amazing like the rest of the phone...

I would be all over "3" if it could incorperate the music player's lock screen but until then rocking stock :)

12. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member

There's a music player? :p

13. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

I kind of HAVE to use the stock music player, since all my music is loaded on the emmc internal memory. Since you can't put apps there, the only use I could come up for all that memory is music and pictures. Most apps only look on the sdcard for media.