1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Am I the only one?General

1. shalemail

shalemail Well-Known Member Contributor

That ran out in a buying flurry to be the first on my block to own the super powerful Elocity A7 Android Tablet by Toshiba? The very same Android tablet powered by the Tegra 2 dual core processor?????

I bought it, rooted it, flashed a new rom and now have multiple market access, I love it overall. Wish it had GPS and wish they had released it with Sim support, but all in all for a travel computer I love it. I use my Atrix as a wifi hotspot for it when mobile and it's works out pretty well.

Anyone else have love to share for the Elocity?

Advertisement
    :
  2. AmneonX

AmneonX Well-Known Member

When I bought mine, it came rooted. However I had issues getting the market to work so I sent it back. Now I wish I had a tegra 2.
  3. koalaw

koalaw New Member

After weeks of looking thru pages of info on lots of different tablets, I finally decided on the Elocity A7 and I'm glad I did. Now if I just knew how to operate it just a little better than I do.

Been doing a lot of searching thru several sites trying to learn what all the FAQ's mean (ex. rooting, flashing a rom), but I'll get there.

This A7 is really fascinating and I'm looking forward to the SIM support.

Just my two cents!:)
  4. ssarmazi

ssarmazi New Member

I absolutely love my A7. I spent all February researching: my only criteria was sub-$400 and Android. I finally narrowed it down to the A7 and the Archos A70, and went with the Elocity since the Archos is never in stock anywhere. I'm so glad I chose it. I have added market since then and it's awesome.

SIM doesn't matter to me since I recently happened to get an iPhone 4 which has Personal Hotspot, and I have tons of data on my plan with the iPhone. So whenever I'm now out-and-about, I connect the A7 to the iPhone and I'm on the 'net - life is grand!

I also get some personal satisfaction by using my Android device and my iOS device together - when the whole digital world seems to be about using one or the other.