• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Am I the only person who doesn't have Flaws on his Evo?

DeMiNe0

Jun 11, 2010
NYC
I've been using my Evo now for about a week, and haven't noticed any flaws that have been mentioned on the forums here. My touchscreen works great, and I have no light leakage. My battery is Good (Not perfect), but I think that can be fixed via software.

The 30fps cap, I haven't actually had a need to complain about that yet, but I think in the future that can be solved by software updates too.

Im not trying to brag about my luck. Rather, i'm trying to give people a little bit of hope about the Evo, and get the point across that not every Evo is Flawed. If you do the swap, I'm sure you'll get a good one soon enough.

I have no problems at all so far. I am lovin' my EVO.

I have light leak and it appears the screen isn't quite flush at the bottom. Not a big deal to me. Battery life sucks, but you know what? It would suck with any phone that people can't keep their hands off? I know how to tweak it the way I need to .. and the best part is, I CAN tweak it if I need to.

If anything seems to be a showstopper, I'll send this phone in for replacement until it's perfect.. Every replacement will have at least 90 days warranty on it... Not a bad deal for an indefinite replacement

Reactions: clambert1273
Upvote 0
My kickstand squeaks too!!! That's it, I'm calling Sprint and writing HTC about this.

Haha but really mine is flawless so far. Everything is solid and lemme tell you the power and volume buttons are so much better then the Droid's. Speaking of the Droid, this sorta reminds me of when it came out. There was probably 20 different threads all complaining about something! You always have some defects with every new device.

Upvote 0
There was probably 20 different threads all complaining about something! You always have some defects with every new device.

I agree 100% BUT this grounding issue is really annoying, if your multitasking and reach over to see a notification with one hand boom it dont work, car docks now are worthless to use as a navigation device etc.

Upvote 0
I agree 100% BUT this grounding issue is really annoying, if your multitasking and reach over to see a notification with one hand boom it dont work, car docks now are worthless to use as a navigation device etc.
Oh I totally agree, I don't have a car dock for my Evo yet but I do for my Droid and if it has a issue like that then I will be upset. I tested on some couches/furniture and couldn't replicate it so hopefully mine is alright.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones