• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Am I the only person who doesn't have Flaws on his Evo?

remember, if they sold a million of these things, and there are even 1% with flaws,(which is a very very low percentage for consumer electronics), that is 10,000 people..
Odds are, people with problems, go to web boards to post about them. Plus there are plenty of trolls/IBone fanboyz, who dont have an EVO, but pretend they do just to post bad stuff.
This is a terrific phone for those without problems, which, are probably 97-98% of owners..
I have 3 perfect EVO's, and once I learned the cdma trick, and a few of the battery tweaks, I have no gripes what so ever about it! And, there are so many apps in the App store that are so much more fun and useful than most of what is in the Apple store...
I mean Does any one miss the boring boring 4 rows of icons from their IBone???

Upvote 0
Mine is great and I don't even know how to see if I do have those issues, lol.

I'm assuming grounding is if its sitting down and you try to use it, its non-responsive. I sat my phone on my desk, the floor, metal, kitchen counter, LMAO, almost everywhere and can use it with one hand.

Now light leakage I have no clue what I'm looking for.

Upvote 0
Not really, if I peer into the usb or hdmi port, I can see light on the inside, not sure if that counts as leakage.

My battery is fine, though I don't think I'm getting the battery life some who are reporting 18 hours, etc.

I have a case on, so if there is a little separation with the glass, I can't tell. I have no responsiveness issues though, overall I guess I'm pretty lucky.

Upvote 0
Its funny, but if it wasn't because of the shoe box method I would have never noticed that I have the light leakage also, but since I do not live in a box nor in a totally dark world I never noticed it before. So it really does not bother me. Now if the screenstarts to pop up, then I will just will unroot it back to stock and return it without making a thread about it. :rolleyes:
Besides that issue, yeah from day one I've had the battery drain problem, but after rooting and doing the tips the members have posted, it has increased greatly.

Aside all that, I have no other issues and love my EVO.

TS out

Upvote 0
Not a damn thing has been wrong with my Evo. The only thing I hate is that I can' copy and paste from my Gmail and Text Messages.
a work around for txt msgs is, hold your finger down on the txt msg you want to copy, then choose fwd from the message options.... then you will be able to copy & paste the txt from the fwd draft.... my work around for gmail is, to simply create a gmail acct in the stock mail app, and copy & paste from there... a few extra steps, but it gets the job done...

Upvote 0
I've had my Supersonic since launch & have no battery issues... I actually pre-ordered a 2nd battery anticipating poor battery life, but luckily I don't need it... no raised screen, no light leakage, no grounding issues.... BUT I do have 1 dead pixel that can only be seen while using the camera, and has zero effect on my pics & videos... maybe I should make a thread about my dead pixel?! j/k I know we have all had it up to our eyeballs with the complaining and whining...

as a side note I seen thread in one of the forums telling someone to squeeze & pry at the phone to detect screen seperation and light leakage problems... how much sense does that make! also I have a feeling a few people are actually "pushing" the capacitive buttons instead of a light touch...

Upvote 0
With all the complaints (my only one being battery life) about this phone, I just thought I would put this out there...

I love my Evo!

By far the best phone I have ever owned, and would have ever have hoped to own. Possibly the best piece of tech I have. It has everything!
It is also by far the best phone other people have seen as well. People are floored by it and it's capabilities and customization.

The Evo is <flippin'> sweet!!

Reactions: gowcaizer1978
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones